Two years from now, do you think we can expect an even larger iPhone 6?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28

Because everyone has the same hand size, right?

• Reply 22 of 28
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Commodification View Post

Because everyone has the same hand size, right?

Your point being that eventually Apple will only make phones that can only be operated by basketball players?

• Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Your point being that eventually Apple will only make phones that can only be operated by basketball players?

Point being, don't assume everyone has small hands like yourself.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Point being, don't assume everyone has small hands like yourself.

Again, pushing 6'2" with a hand span of 9.5". I don't want a 12" phone. I don't want a 5" phone. I can't use a 5" phone with one hand.

• Reply 25 of 28

It's dumb to think a 'one size fits all' is the best solution. I'm not arguing for a Galaxy Note II size screen, just a realistically larger screen option for those of us who don't have small hands like a Chinese girls.

• Reply 26 of 28
    xsuxsu Posts: 401member

Quote:

It's dumb to think a 'one size fits all' is the best solution. I'm not arguing for a Galaxy Note II size screen, just a realistically larger screen option for those of us who don't have small hands like a Chinese girls.

Why is it dumb when the population of people with hand size that iPhone is designed to fit comfortably is large enough to take up all of iPhone's production capacity several times over and then some?  Taking on the extra cost of supporting a different form factor while you still have trouble satisfying demand on the form factor you do have is what I consider dumb.

• Reply 27 of 28
    Apple currently makes different sized ipods, imacs, desktops, laptops, and displays, yet people want to argue for 'the one size fits all' for the iPhone.
  • Reply 28 of 28

As the Droid RAZR M demonstrates, Apple ought to be able to go to a 4.3 inch display with minimal consequences for the width of the handset, and to save trouble for their software developers they could get to 4.3 inches at the current resolution and still stay just north of the 300dpi you need for a Retina claim at the distance one usually holds a phone from one's eyes.  I honestly thought Apple would consider going with 4.3 inches this time.

As for anything larger than 4.3, it will all depend on how much market share Apple loses to Android in larger phones.  It's not ergonomic for the hands, but, as I've discovered with my Galaxy S3, it IS ergonomic for the eyes.