One year after his death, Apple shares video tribute to Steve Jobs [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 90
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    odditie wrote: »
    Not going to lie...I was kinda disappointed. Every shot centered around him with Apple, especially the first few where it is him holding a product. I think it would have been more fitting to use a better variety of shots and include some that didn't have any link to Apple.
    But that's what Steve is most remembered for - Apple.
  • Reply 22 of 90
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

Class.

• Reply 23 of 90

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

But that's what Steve is most remembered for - Apple.

Nothing wrong with having an Apple presence, but having all the photos revolve around him with Apple felt like it only was in remembrance of a portion of his life. I just felt like they should have mixed in some other photos along with what they had.

• Reply 24 of 90
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Never celebrate one's death but their birthday- much more appropriate and tasteful.

I don't believe I've ever seen you say something positive. Not even one little thing.  Why are you in these forums if you despise everything about Apple?  I'm confused.  

Is your life so pathetic that you feel the need to join APPLEinsider to spew your pathetic comments to those of us who tend to enjoy the products and services that are provided by Apple?

• Reply 25 of 90
    Thoughtful, poignant and true. Thank you Apple for remaining true to yourself and true to Steve. May his memory be a blessing. I cry.
  • Reply 26 of 90
    isheldonisheldon Posts: 570member
    allenbf wrote: »
    I don't believe I've ever seen you say something positive. Not even one little thing.  Why are you in these forums if you despise everything about Apple?  I'm confused.  

Is your life so pathetic that you feel the need to join APPLEinsider to spew your pathetic comments to those of us who tend to enjoy the products and services that are provided by Apple?

Celebrating or noting a birthday is negative ?
    Do you know or celebratte when Lincoln died or Washington died?
    Geesh!

And I too enjoy Apple products and services- but not 100% of the time/ 24 hours a day.
  • Reply 27 of 90
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    allenbf wrote: »

It is a little sad.

However, give him a rest today.

And go check out the definition of 'Contrarian' for insight.
  • Reply 28 of 90
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by odditie View Post

Nothing wrong with having an Apple presence, but having all the photos revolve around him with Apple felt like it only was in remembrance of a portion of his life. I just felt like they should have mixed in some other photos along with what they had.

Like… what? The rest of the stuff is personal, and it's Apple putting out the tribute. This is the only thing that makes sense.

…when…

For the thousandth time, you don't flipping get it.

• Reply 29 of 90
    rlowerlowe Posts: 21member
    You'll always be in my heart, Steve.
  • Reply 30 of 90
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by odditie View Post

This was from Apple. It was short and to the point. To me it hit home (once again) how the world lost some 'color', for lack of a better word, on that day. Very classy.

• Reply 31 of 90
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Like… what? The rest of the stuff is personal, and it's Apple putting out the tribute. This is the only thing that makes sense.

A penny for your thoughts today, TS...
  • Reply 32 of 90
    isheldonisheldon Posts: 570member
    gtr wrote: »
    It is a little sad.
    However, give him a rest today.
    And go check out the definition of 'Contrarian' for insight.

Not sad at all- I'm an optimist. Can't u see how patiently I've been waiting for my new iMac? optimistically hopingi that it'll come sooner rather than later? :lol:
  • Reply 33 of 90
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Not sad at all- I'm an optimist. Can't u see how patiently I've been waiting for my new iMac? optimistically hopingi that it'll come sooner rather than later? image

If you were an optimist you'd be sure it would come very soon. Period. 

• Reply 34 of 90
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

No disrespect to Steve, but this is not a good video.  It's trite and says more about Apple's products than it does the man himself. 

• Reply 35 of 90
    Thank you Steve and thank you Apple for creating such a wonderful memorial to a man who was truly ahead of his time.
  • Reply 36 of 90
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

A penny for your thoughts today, TS...

I'll be called insensitive and disgusting. Sadly, I know "better" than to speak my mind.

• Reply 37 of 90

Quote:

Celebrating or noting a birthday is negative ?

Do you know or celebratte when Lincoln died or Washington died?

Geesh!

And I too enjoy Apple products and services- but not 100% of the time/ 24 hours a day.

Every year when I pay my federal income tax, I am in remembrance of Lincoln's death.

• Reply 38 of 90
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

Quote:

Never celebrate one's death but their birthday- much more appropriate and tasteful.

There is nothing wrong with remembering someone on the anniversary of his/her death.

Steve jobs wouldn't have done this if he was still running the show. /s

• Reply 39 of 90
    Very respectful of Apple to do this. I cannot believe it has been a year. Steve's work will love on forever.

As someone else said, although I was never lucky enough to have met/known him, when I heard that he passed away, I also felt I had lost a friend. To this day, when I think about it, I still get upset.

Thank you Steve for everything you have done. Rest in peace.
  • Reply 40 of 90

Originally Posted by flippysc View Post

Every year when I pay my federal income tax, I am in remembrance of Lincoln's death.

Oh boy, I do want to say this, though it could turn political quickly, but I think he was right in instating an income tax to pay for the war, just that it should have been REMOVED when the war was repaid.