Apple has gotten too big for their britches!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

For a long time now I believed Apple was way overpriced, but my last experience has been the icing on the cake.

The whole moisture issue, we have many Apples only because my fathers buys them for us. I have secretly bought 

other brands that were a fraction of the price and served the purpose. Apple may be sleek, but there is a bit, if not a whole lot  of snobbery involved in owning anything Apple. If they could make a brand that could last, and not break, so that the everyday person going to work or school could cary it different places without worrying, then it might be worth half of it's cost, with a fair warranty attached. I do believe people will rebel against the company who makes a computer that is deliberately so delicate that all customers at one point or another are going to be told that because of their abuse the device has failed , and like in my case will be told they have to spend $770 to repair a device that is under warranty.

We are all fools for doing business with Apple, and I personally will file a claim in small claims court against Apple's dishonest tactics. I suggest you all do too. You should all file a complaint with the better business bureau and keep complaining.

I know apple employees read these threads and respond to them so, go ahead and respond Apple. It is transparent to all

of us that Apple is ripping people off at the point of purchase, with every new operating system update, and at every repair.

Let us see how long you last with your bad business tactics.Consumers are not stupid and they have the power not to buy your inferior Apple products.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by luciaclaudia View Post

For a long time now I believed Apple was way overpriced…

And ignoring the definition of the word.

The whole moisture issue…

The what now?

…we have many Apples only because my fathers buys them for us.

Interesting spin on the standard line, though. You're a "begrudging" Apple user. Yeah, right.

I have secretly bought other brands that were a fraction of the price and served the purpose.

Your point being what, that it's better to spend less and have something that doesn't feel as good? 

Apple may be sleek, but there is a bit, if not a whole lot of snobbery involved in owning anything Apple.

Since when, if ever?

If they could make a brand that could last, and not break, so that the everyday person going to work or school could cary it different places without worrying, then it might be worth half of it's cost, with a fair warranty attached.

If you could take care of your possessions, by taking care of your possessions, taking care of them, and taking care of them… 

I do believe people will rebel against the company who makes a computer that is deliberately so delicate that all customers at one point or another are going to be told that because of their abuse the device has failed…

The day that people "rebel" against a company for they themselves being too stupid not to destroy the products they buy is the day civilization dies.

…and like in my case will be told they have to spend $770 to repair a device that is under warranty.

So you poured water on it and expect the warranty to still cover it, is that what you're saying? You gave no information earlier.

We are all fools for doing business with Apple, and I personally will file a claim in small claims court against Apple's dishonest tactics.

Enjoy spending thousands of dollars to be laughed at to your face and get nothing accomplished?

It is transparent to all of us that Apple is ripping people off at the point of purchase…

No, the opposite is true. Windows OEMs are ripping you off at point of purchase, as has been shown for years.

…with every new operating system update, and at every repair.

Take care of your stuff and you won't have to ever pay for repairs ever. And if a $20 operating system is "ripping off", then you'd better never buy a PC or use anything but a Linux distro.

Let us see how long you last with your bad business tactics.

20 more decades.

Consumers are not stupid…

You sure about that? 

• Reply 2 of 2

Device of choice for lifes more obnoxious types