Which Screen Protector is best-Is it necessary?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am looking for a screen protector for my new iPhone. I've heard the one Apple sells at their stores is the PIA-01 iPhone Crystal Film Set. I've used the ClearTouch protectors and like them and see they make one for the iPhone now.

My only concern is first, Is it necessary to have a screen protector? Next, do they in any way degrade the performance of the multi-touch screen? Most of all, if I get one what is a good brand to look at?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I am looking for a screen protector for my new iPhone. I've heard the one Apple sells at their stores is the PIA-01 iPhone Crystal Film Set. I've used the ClearTouch protectors and like them and see they make one for the iPhone now.

My only concern is first, Is it necessary to have a screen protector? Next, do they in any way degrade the performance of the multi-touch screen? Most of all, if I get one what is a good brand to look at?

1) I've scratched my screen, so yes they are a good idea. Now admittedly its almost unnoticeable and I did it by basically dropping it on the sharp edge of a piece of sandstone (a coaster) so I have no one to blame but myself. - I've ordered some of the crystal covers.

2) I used the phone for a while with the original packaging protector on it with no noticeable degradation in the image or the responsiveness.
  • Reply 2 of 2

The Shell Shock: G-Class. It's definitely the best iphone screen protector on the market right now. I attached a demo video below that shows them banging the iPhone screen with a stapler to show that it's really scratch proof.