Google's Schmidt says Apple and Android struggle is the 'defining fight in the industry today'

Comments

• Reply 121 of 155
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    sflocal wrote: »
    Not great. The vendor is getting kickbacks to include it in their package if the user installs it.
    That Ask! Toolbar just recently corrupted a few PC's at a site I was working at. Junk.
    I'm okay with Chrome, I don't really use it as I'm a Safari/Firefox fan. I just hate the way Chrome gets installed and how it phones the Google mothership.

Don't expect an answer from him.
    I read somewhere that it calls home under strange situations, I don't remember these but I read it to be very evil.
  • Reply 122 of 155
    I prefer safari, but i'm using chrome right know. Why? I like to try a few browsers, a few products once in a while.

Chrome is great and since i do not want a stand alone flash on my mac, i use chrome. Chromes has great security so i feel more secure when browsing and watching ads, videos, etc.

Safari 6.0 for mac is the best browser experience any computer can give, but chrome is great and i use windows (once in a while) too.

We should get this straight.. Google is a great company that makes very nice products that i enjoy to use. Thanks to Google people can buy great phones (compared to 2005) for 300dollars contract free, search better, have a free and decent email account, great free maps, wich is awesome. Obviously the iphone is the best, but don't you see the valor of google? shmidt and others like him are just little pricks.. google is much more than that.

You contradicted yourself, you mentioned security. Don't you know it calls home constantly. Are you happy with this. Do you like to be ad targeted ? Do you like the idea that they are tracking you ? If so, enough said, but wow.
  • Reply 123 of 155
    kr00 wrote: »
    Google were working on Blackberry style phone with physical keyboards and a stylus, prior to 2007, the year the iPhone was released. Fact. The Android OS was written with no multitouch UI. Fact. Nine months after the iPhone was released, Google announced their iPhone like multitouch phones. Fact. The reason for the touch lag was because the multitouch UI was hastily written over the top of the original Android OS, not written into it. (A total rewrite would have put them a further year behind). Fact. These things are all fact. The fact google were heading down the blackberry path with their phones before the iPhone was developed, then did a 180° and followed exactly what Apple did while Schmidt was on the Apple board, is clear as the nose on your face. Why do your type deny it? Steve Jobs wouldn't claim iOS was stolen by a friend if he didn't actually know it to be true. Steve Jobs wouldn't have declared thermonuclear war on google just on hearsay. 

The only FUD being practiced is from those denying that it happen.

Do yourself a favour and read some FACTS. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Steve-Jobs-vowed-revenge-on-Eric-Schmidt-over-Android_id23152

Sorry but you are wasting your time in explaining this well known and proven fact to these people. Just wait for the reply (if you even get one), it will be hilarious.
  • Reply 124 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Get ready for Godwyn:

I think a lot of hatred leveled at Schmidt, is because of his Germanic last name and uncanny resemblance to the Nazi commandant in Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark.

LOL. Not likely. And the original proper title was Raiders of the Lost Ark, not Indiana Jones Episode I: Greedo Shoots First.

• Reply 125 of 155

Oh, so that's what the forum update added: a thing in the sidebar with "recent images in the thread".

… Why do we care? I mean, in most threads those will just be my images, and if you want to see them, you can read my posts. image

• Reply 126 of 155

Who here want's a self driving car?

And how on earth could the experience be "life changing"?

Schmidt clearly has "one wheel in the ditch".

• Reply 127 of 155
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

No. Android still belongs to Google. Samsung just makes most money off of it. Not sure what your point was.

I thought Android belonged to the Open Handset Alliance, well officially anyway.

• Reply 128 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

Sorry but you are wasting your time in explaining this well known and proven fact to these people. Just wait for the reply (if you even get one), it will be hilarious.

Read my tag line, that says it all.

Android has been found by various courts to have infringed 17 patents.

Which justifies S Jobs' view that Android is indeed a "stolen product".

If Schmidt had followed Jobs' advice then I doubt there would have been any issues with Android.

• Reply 129 of 155
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Apple lost nothing.

That is, of course, nonsense.

There have been many attempts to make Android look as much like iOS as possible. There are plenty of documented cases where Google stole Apple's technologies. Are you really going to pretend that Apple wouldn't have been more successful against the Blackberry look-alike that existed before Google started copying Apple?
  • Reply 130 of 155
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Read my tag line, that says it all.

Android has been found by various courts to have infringed 17 patents.

Which justifies S Jobs' view that Android is indeed a "stolen product".

Taking the Mueller line? Using the same reasoning if iOS infringes on anyone else's IP, is it also a stolen product?

• Reply 131 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Taking the Mueller line? Using the same reasoning if iOS infringes on anyone else's IP, is it also a stolen product?

The 1 patent Android "won", which Motorola enforced in Germany, was worked around, hence no MobileMe push email on iOS devices there.

• Reply 132 of 155
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    steven n. wrote: »
    Actually, if you look at demographics, iPhone users have a substantially higher median household income than Android users.
    http://www.readwriteweb.com/mobile/2012/10/sorry-samsung-iphone-is-not-your-mothers-smartphone.php

That really says nothing. Of course percentage of "rich" people among Android owners will be watered down by availability of cheap Android devices.

More interesting question is - what is actual number of people within those 25.5% of "wealthy" Android users, compared to actual number of people among those 40.7% of iPhone users.

If you have, say, 1,000,000,000 iPhone users and 40.7% of them are wealthy, it will give you 407,000,000 wealthy iPhone users.

If you have, say, 2,000,000,000 Android phone users and 25.5% are wealthy, it will give you 510,000,000 wealthy Android phone users.
  • Reply 133 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

You don't appear to be the type of person who would appreciate beauty.

Apple makes beautiful things, the majority of others simply make me-too's (poorly) or hideous things.

I don't recollect you having once said anything nice about an Apple product, perhaps I'm wrong, and even if you did, it doesn't offset all the negativity you show.

I guess you are a negative type of guy, but its not my lot in life to change you, maybe others have tried and failed.

Many have accused you of being a paid shrill, maybe you are/aren't, but please tell me anyway, what is your motive in all of this, what do you hope to gain ?

To educate us, to show us the errors of of our ways ? If so, why is this so important to you ?

• Reply 134 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodlink View Post

Who here want's a self driving car?

And how on earth could the experience be "life changing"?

Schmidt clearly has "one wheel in the ditch".

I myself do not want one but the statistics do not lie.  Less younger people are getting their licenses and it is a well known fact that being the passenger is more fun now because you can text, FB, watch a movie, read a book and do many other things while sitting in the car.  The driver gets to sit in traffic and is penalized for even looking at this phone (where I live, there is a law - rightfully so I believe).

Google knows where things are headed and they are into everything as a company.  Everyone thinks of them as a search and phone OS company but they are in the business of getting your eyeballs to use their products for advertising revenue.  Don't let your dislikes blind you from what is happening and where we are headed.

• Reply 135 of 155
    t2aft2af Posts: 44member

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefoid View Post

That's not evidence, that's just your view of things - one that many will disagree with.

And where in any of that does it state that Schmidt abused his position while on the Apple board?  Nowhere.  I'm not disputing the fact that Android was influenced by iOS, just this crap that it was Schmidt that did it.  Nobody, ever, anywhere or at any time has provided any sort of evidence that this happened, its all just conjecture and hearsay.

yes - actual evidence , showing this.. showing from googles records that they were using a blackberry deisgn until right at the last minute.  go and read some FACTS from the case instead of smoking your reefa and spreading your BS on this site. if you spent half the time visiting / reading / learning about the cases , we wouldn't have to listen to your ill-informed BS on this site., 

• Reply 136 of 155
    VANS acquire a cult-following in abounding locations of the angel and its different online writing are allocation of abounding wardrobes. http://vanshoesonline.com/goods-7-Vans-Women-s-Tory.html vans casual slip ons writing acquire its admirers in celebrities, sportsmen and businessmen.
  • Reply 137 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

The 1 patent Android "won", which Motorola enforced in Germany, was worked around, hence no MobileMe push email on iOS devices there.

That wasn't an Android win. No one has ever been sued over infringing an Android feature have they so how could it be claimed a win by Android? Florian does the same thing, claiming 17 "patent wins" over Android. Not true. Many, perhaps all, are cases over exterior designs and skinned features choices from licensees rather than actual core Android.

• Reply 138 of 155
    t2af wrote: »
    yes - actual evidence , showing this.. showing from googles records that they were using a blackberry deisgn until right at the last minute.  go and read some FACTS from the case instead of smoking your reefa and spreading your BS on this site. if you spent half the time visiting / reading / learning about the cases , we wouldn't have to listen to your ill-informed BS on this site., 

They took nearly 2 years from iPhone announcement to G1 announcement. What that is evidence of which is rather obvious is that the iPhone influenced the direction of Android...which, believe it or not, is not a crime, is not wrong, and is actually fucking smart.

What evidence do you have that Schmidt abused his position on Apple's board, stole secrets and whatever and then told Google to make a copy that's not actually a copy?

None...you yearn to hate Google and Schmidt and anyone who may compete with your beloved Apple even if it requires you invent things that make zero sense to further your irrational hatred.
  • Reply 139 of 155
    t2aft2af Posts: 44member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

They took nearly 2 years from iPhone announcement to G1 announcement. What that is evidence of which is rather obvious is that the iPhone influenced the direction of Android...which, believe it or not, is not a crime, is not wrong, and is actually fucking smart.

What evidence do you have that Schmidt abused his position on Apple's board, stole secrets and whatever and then told Google to make a copy that's not actually a copy?

None...you yearn to hate Google and Schmidt and anyone who may compete with your beloved Apple even if it requires you invent things that make zero sense to further your irrational hatred.

oh, my mistake. - you are saying that all the time the schmidt was on the board looking at the iphone design, they were very happy with the blackberry version they made, and it was only afterwards - once he had stepped down, they decided to make the massive u-turn in the UI and clone the iphone. 

• Reply 140 of 155

If any company wanted to know about iPhone features all they had to do was buy one. How would being on Apple's board assist engineers with designing comparable smartphone features within Android? How did it assist with creating any Android code for anything? Taking inspiration from another's successful product is pretty darn common, as well as good business practice. Even Apple does it, as innovative as they are.