Alleged iPad Mini Dock Ribbons were actually for iPod Touch

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014

A recent teardown made by ifixit.com discovered a part that was rumored by iResq to be for the upcoming iPad Mini, however the following pictures tell a different story... Take a look below and compare the parts.

iPod Touch Dock Ribbon on the left, iPhone Dock Ribbon on the right presented by iResq saying the one on the left was for the iPad Mini.

ifixit performing an iPod Touch Teardown shows that the ribbon rumored to be for an iPad Mini is actually part of the iPod Touchs' Assembly. The speaker is connected and flipped in this shot.

Another view of the part confused to be for an iPad Mini. The headphone jack on the bottom left alongside the dock with the speaker now in it's correct position.

However the part below might be for the actual iPad Mini.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12

That's exactly what I said. EXACTLY what I said.

Does this call into question the iPad mini for some more people, too? 

• Reply 2 of 12

We called it bro. I knew it from the beginning. Those ribbons looked a lot like my iPod Touch 1st gens. Now back to reddit.com

• Reply 3 of 12
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's exactly what I said. EXACTLY what I said.

Does this call into question the iPad mini for some more people, too? 

Are you doubling down on being wrong again?

• Reply 4 of 12

Originally Posted by nht View Post

Are you doubling down on being wrong again?

So instead of going back and seeing where I said "this part is likely for the new iPod touch", you've chosen to claim that I'm lying.

How quaint. Prove me wrong.

• Reply 5 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So instead of going back and seeing where I said "this part is likely for the new iPod touch", you've chosen to claim that I'm lying.

How quaint. Prove me wrong.

No, I'm commenting on your constant harping on how the iPad Mini is doubtful in every thread about it.  Like in this "I told you so" post which really offers zero insight into the probability of an iPad mini.  So no, it doesn't call into question the iPad mini in the least.

Yah, it's an iPod Touch part.  You were right.  So what?  Your aggressive predictive powers are currently on par with that of Ireland's.  Arrogant, dismissive and batting around .001.

• Reply 6 of 12

He was right about Ping though.

• Reply 7 of 12

Originally Posted by nht View Post

So no, it doesn't call into question the iPad mini in the least.

Yah, it's an iPod Touch part.  You were right.  So what?

So other than the fact that this part was originally pitched by every website as an iPad mini part and which has just been proven to not be an iPad mini part, reducing the total number of possible parts for it that we have seen to zero, yes, it "doesn't" call into question the iPad mini. 

I don't get you people.

• Reply 8 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strat09 View Post

He was right about Ping though.

Everybody was right about Ping. :)

• Reply 9 of 12

It wouldn't been a failed product if they put it on the music app in iOS though.

• Reply 10 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strat09 View Post

It wouldn't been a failed product if they put it on the music app in iOS though.

And had Facebook integration from the getgo.

• Reply 11 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And had Facebook integration from the getgo.

You guys keep going and MobileMe would have been a success too...and I liked MobileMe.  At least the iWeb and Gallery parts.

• Reply 12 of 12
    I loved iDisk, and I hate how it hasn't been replaced.