iOS 6 Maps, Lightning connector have no effect on iPhone 5 demand, survey finds

Comments

• Reply 61 of 90
    vaelianvaelian Posts: 446member
    rfhjr wrote: »
    The new dock is a huge improvement, allowing for faster data transfer speeds. Those wishing to cling to the old technology are mistaken.

That has nothing to do with the connector, the Dock Connector is perfectly capable of offering the same speeds, potentially even more (since it has more conductors made of the same material: copper).
  • Reply 62 of 90
    What is your problem? There's nothing in that post that helps your case in any respect. 

You claimed that I'm lying, yet that thread proves you're the one posting bullshit that you have absolutely no idea about.

Give a past example of a port that designed to supplant another but was then discontinued in favor of the old one because of "reduced functionality", even if there was reduced functionality. Or even an example of people wanting an old port after its obsolescence that didn't just keep using that port until it was too stupid or impractical to keep using it.

I'd say the DB-9 used mostly for RS-232 has vastly outlived its expectations. Plenty of serial busses have come and gone while the RS-232 lives on. Not that this matters to the subject anyway, as I fail to see the relevance in this question, I only replied to it to demonstrate your ignorance.

You were humiliated in the previous thread and will be over and over again until you either make a mistake that will result in the revocation of your moderator privileges or stop posting out of shame.
  • Reply 63 of 90

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

wait, the media made a mountain out of a mole hill? Tell me it ain't so.

It's obvious that 90% of all those surveyed are fanbois. iOS 6 Maps is the biggest problem since the cold war. /s

Really?? Your telling me a GPS application that some customers find to be less usable than what was available in the past is the disaster that the potential nuclear holocaust between two nations once was.

• Reply 64 of 90

Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

I'd say the DB-9 used mostly for RS-232 has vastly outlived its expectations. Plenty of serial busses have come and gone while the RS-232 lives on. Not that this matters to the subject anyway, as I fail to see the relevance in this question, I only replied to it to demonstrate your ignorance.

You don't see how referencing the RS-232, a port which has fallen far by the wayside and replaced many times over by more modern ports that "reduce functionality" has nothing to do with Dock Connector, which has now fallen by the wayside and has been replaced by a more modern port that "reduces functionality" matters to the subject at hand, that matter being the replacement of a port with a more modern port that "reduces functionality"? 

Ignorance, huh.

You were humiliated in the previous thread and will be over and over again until you either make a mistake that will result in the revocation of your moderator privileges or stop posting out of shame.

You'll be banned long before that. Don't worry.

• Reply 65 of 90
    You don't see how referencing the RS-232, a port which has fallen far by the wayside and replaced many times over by more modern ports that "reduce functionality" has nothing to do with Dock Connector, which has now fallen by the wayside and has been replaced by a more modern port that "reduces functionality" matters to the subject at hand, that matter being the replacement of a port with a more modern port that "reduces functionality"? 

Ignorance, huh.

It's not been replaced, it's still part of many IEEE standards. Just because you don't see it nowadays doesn't mean it's not used anymore. Every cellular USB dongle uses RS-232 internally, it's just converted to USB because most PC manufacturers have dropped RS-232 ports. Industrial and network appliances still rely heavily on RS-232 due to its simplicity, even the Lightning Connector is still supporting RS-232. The DB-9 port may not be as widely used today as it was before, but we're talking about a 30 year old port. You're showing ignorance, yes.

You'll be banned long before that. Don't worry.

You ban me for a stupid reason, I re-register, and all my posting privileges will be returned. Meanwhile I keep adding evidence against you, and once you lose your moderator privileges, they aren't coming back. If you really want to play this game, I dare you to bring it on!
  • Reply 66 of 90

You ban me for a stupid reason, I re-register, and all my posting privileges will be returned.

And you'd be banned again immediately for reregistering. We don't pussyfoot around. You won't be banned for a stupid reason, I assure you.

• Reply 67 of 90
    vaelian wrote: »
    You ban me for a stupid reason, I re-register, and all my posting privileges will be returned.

And you'd be banned again immediately for reregistering. We don't pussyfoot around. You won't be banned for a stupid reason, I assure you.

Good luck figuring out who I am through Tor. ;)

If this is a demonstration of anything, it is of how unfit to be a moderator you really are. Instead of trying to mediate an explosive situation, you're fueling it. Watch out, that behavior will eventually come back to bite you!
  • Reply 68 of 90

Good luck figuring out who I am through Tor. image

Since you have a vendetta against me to the extent of threatening my position, if you intend to actually see that through, it won't be difficult.

Also we know what IPs are proxies and ban on that alone.

Further threats of this nature will likely warrant retaliation, so let's get back on topic. We have no remorse for the psychopaths that keep creating accounts after being banned.

• Reply 69 of 90
    Since you have a vendetta against me to the extent of threatening my position, if you intend to actually see that through, it won't be difficult.

It's not against you specifically, it's against trolls with moderator privileges, which happens to be your case.

Good luck figuring out which ones are Tor exit nodes.

Further threats of this nature will likely warrant retaliation, so let's get back on topic. We have no remorse for the psychopaths that keep creating accounts after being banned.

What topic? The one where you called me a liar?
  • Reply 70 of 90
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    vaelian wrote: »
    Just because you don't see it nowadays doesn't mean it's not used anymore. Every cellular USB dongle uses RS-232 internally, it's just converted to USB because most PC manufacturers have dropped RS-232 ports. Industrial and network appliances still rely heavily on RS-232 due to its simplicity, even the Lightning Connector is still supporting RS-232. The DB-9 port may not be as widely used today as it was before, but we're talking about a 30 year old port.
    LOL, how can such a reduced functionality connector like lightning ever provide such versatility as RS-232? Oh wait, you just told me, it is converted to USB. But how can that be!? USB doesn't have as many pins as DB-9, oh dear how will Lightening ever compete in such a world?

Still waiting for Apple to bring back the much more versatile 250 pin Duo dock connector, and drop all those other pointless ports like Thunderbolt, USB, FireWire and Ethernet.
  • Reply 71 of 90

It's not against you, specifically. It's against trolls with moderator privileges.

Tor is not a regular "proxy", you can't test it like you test a regular proxy and thus would be challenged to learn where all of its exit nodes are located. This is another sign of ignorance and lack of fitness for your position.

You mean the one where you accused me of lying?
  • Reply 72 of 90

It's not against you, specifically. It's against trolls with moderator privileges.

Tor is not a regular "proxy", you can't test it like you test a regular proxy and thus would be challenged to learn where all of its exit nodes are located. This is another sign of ignorance and lack of fitness for your position.

• Reply 73 of 90

• Reply 74 of 90

Don't post it again. Pretty simple to get, given that it keeps being deleted.

• Reply 75 of 90
    Don't post it again. Pretty simple to get, given that it keeps being deleted.

What are you talking about?

• Reply 76 of 90

Quote:

It's not been replaced, it's still part of many IEEE standards. Just because you don't see it nowadays doesn't mean it's not used anymore. Every cellular USB dongle uses RS-232 internally, it's just converted to USB because most PC manufacturers have dropped RS-232 ports. Industrial and network appliances still rely heavily on RS-232 due to its simplicity, even the Lightning Connector is still supporting RS-232. The DB-9 port may not be as widely used today as it was before, but we're talking about a 30 year old port. You're showing ignorance, yes.

You ban me for a stupid reason, I re-register, and all my posting privileges will be returned. Meanwhile I keep adding evidence against you, and once you lose your moderator privileges, they aren't coming back. If you really want to play this game, I dare you to bring it on!

Watch out...we've got ourselves a tough guy.

• Reply 77 of 90

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

My only disappointment is the lack of availability of lighting to USB cables and the 30pin to Lightning adapters until a week or so into Oct.

Agree. I ordered mine on iPhone Day +2, and am still waiting....

I ordered mine 3:00 AM PST on day one... got it yesterday.   I think they are warehousing them at Ontario Airport, Ontario, CA.

It came in a shipping  box twice as big as the iP5 shipping box... inside the unit was in a box 3"x3"x3/4".

• Reply 78 of 90

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

It came in a shipping  box twice as big as the iP5 shipping box... inside the unit was in a box 3"x3"x3/4".

Ah, UnnecessaryPackagingSizegate, which will end with Apple SLAMMED by Greenwarpeace who will suddenly ignore that Amazon has been guilty of far worse for far longer.

• Reply 79 of 90

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Negative headlines haven't suppressed consumer interest in the iPhone 5...

As usual, with every release.

• Reply 80 of 90

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

The map issues are way overblown.

Not if your walking. Or biking.

Post specific examples of images and directions of the biking and walking routes provided by the maps app you use now!