Study: iPhone 5 web usage surges past Samsung Galaxy S III

Comments

• Reply 41 of 166
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

My field of study is Magnetics. Almost everything starts at zero. I really have to admit that I'm missing the joke. One which I'm really starting to believe is focused on me...

To have any thread presence on a thread you have to create a post. That would mean incrementing your post count by one, which means it's impossible to have created one or more posts and still have a post count of zero since you start with zero when you sign up.

Thank you. I was rapidly losing the will to keep going.

• Reply 42 of 166
    solipsismx wrote: »
    To have any thread presence on a thread you have to create a post. That would mean incrementing your post count by one, which means it's impossible to have created one or more posts and still have a post count of zero since you start with zero when you sign up.
    Perhaps this is Schrödinger's post?
  • Reply 43 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Perhaps this is Schrödinger's post?

Not if you have read it.

• Reply 44 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Not if you have read it.

If I weren't too lazy, I'd register as "Wigner's Friend" just to say "It's not real until I read it."

• Reply 45 of 166
    muppetry wrote: »
    Not if you have read it.
    My oversight. I yield.
  • Reply 46 of 166
    If I weren't too lazy, I'd register as "Wigner's Friend" just to say "It's not real until I read it."
    Did you make a conscious decision to post that? If so, that's a super position to take.
  • Reply 47 of 166
    Not if you have read it.

Not that simple. If someone was doing a study analyzing post counts on AI, his wouldn't exist, so it's simultaneously existent and non-existent.
    8-)
  • Reply 48 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Quote:

Not if you have read it.

Nice. I never understood why he did that though, since the entire point of Schrödinger's Cat was to demonstrate the absurdity of quantum superposition applied to large objects. QED - no friend required.

• Reply 49 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Not if you have read it.

Not that simple. If someone was doing a study analyzing post counts on AI, his wouldn't exist, so it's simultaneously existent and non-existent.

Good thought, although that notwithstanding, once read (observed) from a quantum perspective the post either is or isn't. Unless you follow Wigner of course.

• Reply 50 of 166
    Thank you. I was rapidly losing the will to keep going.

I'll keep that in mind. THank you however.
  • Reply 51 of 166
    solipsismx wrote: »

Thank you...
  • Reply 52 of 166
    Good thought, although that notwithstanding, once read (observed) from a quantum perspective the post either is or isn't. Unless you follow Wigner of course.

Now you are getting more into my field of study.

Equations intact, the instance has been observed and has existed.

If you have studied quantum physics at all then you would have come to the conclusion that it has already existed in every form. Also, apparently the post would have existed In every language, spelling, and misspelling to an almost infinite degree.

Add magnetism, which has force over even quantum particles (unknown on the Higgs Boson) and you can continually twist your results.

It's staggering what can be accomplished with magnetics.
  • Reply 53 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

My field of study is Magnetics. Almost everything starts at zero. I really have to admit that I'm missing the joke. One which I'm really starting to believe is focused on me...

Magnetics, huh... that's cool. At least you're not studying thermodynamics where absolute zero cannot be reached!

• Reply 54 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

I dont' buy this theory on LTE. Sammy G3 has LTE. Perhaps people are just getting the Sammy phone as a status symbol as they don't seem to use it as a smart phone.

Who in the world would buy a Samscum phone and think it was a status symbol???!!! 

I think it's more like they haven't figured out how to use it beyond texting.

• Reply 55 of 166
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    And absolutely nobody does that with an iPhone?

Wow. I didn't know iOS supported widgets. And let me see how many folders I can create for all my Apps, yep I can spend weeks moving them around into different fancy named folders.
    All I hear about the android supports is tweaking this and that and rooting and feeling so thrilled with it all.
  • Reply 56 of 166

His reply was about people adding widgets and such on their SGS lll which is possible because of Android then he exalted iOS for being so great, yet there are a great many people that do just that on their iPhones.

Try and think, it helps sometimes. Look at the title of the story then look at my original comment. Do you see the link yet ? No, then I will help you out, but only this time.
    Web usage is low on android phones compared to iPhones. This is fact and confirmed from various sources and Google themselves (inferred).
    So what are android phone users doing with their phones?
    Do you see It now? Or do i have to use blocks for you. Sheesh some people.
  • Reply 57 of 166
    His reply was about people adding widgets and such on their SGS lll which is possible because of Android then he exalted iOS for being so great, yet there are a great many people that do just that on their iPhones.

Try thinking for a change. I will help you out this one time.
    Look at the title of the article now look at my original post. Can you comprehend the link ?
    Hint is web usage for android phones is much lower than for iPhone.
    So what do android users do with their phones?
    See it now? Or do I need to use blocks for you.
    My other comment referred to my enthusiasm for iOS, no link to article.
  • Reply 58 of 166
    Not around my house. iOS will be on the way out and will be replaced by Android. OS X will still be the dominant desktop (oldskool style). This is because I feel like I've been staring at the same operating system for about four years. I fancy a change, I'll possibly be back in the futre but Apple need to be a bit more exiting. Bland ads, samey looking phones, deleting my apps (youtube and google maps - let me choose!) to name a few. Couple this with a crappy new store, errr ping, .mac, .mobileme then a curtailed icloud. I'm getting a bit tired of signing up for stuff they can't deliver. Yes the iPhone 5 is nice (still a bit sharp in the hand) but other companies make phones and Android always seems to come up with the cool things first - not as polished as Apple but sometimes Apple look as though they are polishing turds. x Verdict iOS 0 Android 1.
  • Reply 59 of 166
    powderdust wrote: »
    Not around my house. iOS will be on the way out and will be replaced by Android. OS X will still be the dominant desktop (oldskool style). This is because I feel like I've been staring at the same operating system for about four years. I fancy a change, I'll possibly be back in the futre but Apple need to be a bit more exiting. Bland ads, samey looking phones, deleting my apps (youtube and google maps - let me choose!) to name a few. Couple this with a crappy new store, errr ping, .mac, .mobileme then a curtailed icloud. I'm getting a bit tired of signing up for stuff they can't deliver. Yes the iPhone 5 is nice (still a bit sharp in the hand) but other companies make phones and Android always seems to come up with the cool things first - not as polished as Apple but sometimes Apple look as though they are polishing turds. x Verdict iOS 0 Android 1.

By skool you mean school ? Your post is riddled with spelling mistakes, don't you have a spell checker on your wonderful android phone?
    If you are married you are probably staring at the same face of your partner, so by your reckoning you should get a divorce ?
    The Porshe 911 hasn't changed shape for many years but that is bad in our opinion, hey I hear a new Mondeo has been released, quick go buy that.
    The iPhone 4S was a different phone to the iPhone 4 internally, did you know?
    YouTube and Maps are Apples responsibility on iDevices as they have a legally binding agreement with Google. This had elapsed so Apple or Google or both parties could not come to a satisfactory arrangement. So Apple removed them, they do have full right.
    You can install YouTube its in the App Store, did you know this?
    As for Maps, well read the hundreds of articles and countless posts, I.e. do some research.
    The build quality of the iPhone 4/4S compared to android phones is like comparing a Mercedes to a Lada. Comparing the iPhone 5 to the others, well it's incomparable.
    I don't understand your last two lines, but it sounds insulting.
    There are people who appreciate beauty and there are the others.
  • Reply 60 of 166

What does half of this mean. Many of you are thinking that the Galaxy S iii is used less then the iPhone 5 for data. Many of you are thinking that the Iphone 5 sold more then the S III, This just shows that for two weeks the iphone 5 was used data more then a rivals phone. We do not know what does this mean for sales as we don't have comparative figures as of yet. (I think the iPhone 5 may be dead even or passed the S III already.) The second point is THE IPHONE 5 IS NEW PEOPLE USE NEW PHONES MORE.  This data means nothing. Let the iPhone loose its new phone feel then it will mean something.