Google's Schmidt says Apple and Android struggle is the 'defining fight in the industry today'

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 155

Originally Posted by t2af View Post

…it was only afterwards - once he had stepped down, they decided to make the massive u-turn in the UI and clone the iPhone. 

He was kicked off the board in aught nine, about a year after the first Android phone and two after the introduction of the iPhone.

I agree with some of your premise, however.

• Reply 142 of 155
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

He was kicked off the board in aught nine, about a year after the first Android phone and two after the introduction of the iPhone.

Then about the same time as Google released another of their newly engineered products, Google Chrome, which competed with Safari?

• Reply 143 of 155
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

This comment makes you look like a piece of shit.  Please realize that there is no way to lump such a large group of people into categories like "freeloaders" or "wealthy" based off of a single consumer decision.  I hope you don't actually believe what you wrote, but you probably do.

lets just refer to them as the 47%-ers.

• Reply 144 of 155
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

are you using voice to text dictation? 

• Reply 145 of 155

Debate and suing makes the innovation.. hopefully better but worst always come on the way!

• Reply 146 of 155

Originally Posted by snova View Post

are you using voice to text dictation? 

No. Was that poor grammar? I'm sorry. I type out "aught" occasionally when talking about the naughties. 

• Reply 147 of 155
    t2af wrote: »
    oh, my mistake. - you are saying that all the time the schmidt was on the board looking at the iphone design, they were very happy with the blackberry version they made, and it was only afterwards - once he had stepped down, they decided to make the massive u-turn in the UI and clone the iphone. 

This L...is a clone of this L.

This R is not a clone of this B...

Similar...sure, maybe even inspired by the curves of the B...perhaps it felt that the B was the direction text is heading in...so instead of coming out as an L which the makers of R felt was now instantly outdated by the much more advanced and impressive B they add 2 lines and a curve to the L and rerelease it hoping to not be shut out of the future of mobile computing ushered in masterfully by the makers of the B.

crime?
  • Reply 148 of 155

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Similar...sure, maybe even inspired by the curves of the B...perhaps it felt that the B was the direction text is heading in...so instead of coming out as an L which the makers of R felt was now instantly outdated by the much more advanced and impressive B they add 2 lines and a curve to the L and rerelease it hoping to not be shut out of the future of mobile computing ushered in masterfully by the makers of the B.

crime?

Instead of obfuscation through obscurity, why not just use the actual product names.

• Reply 149 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

crime?

A math equation?

• Reply 150 of 155
    stefstef Posts: 87member
    The Google map builds are already leaked. Betcha the new Google map app will be vector based; the old one was not. And betcha it offers turn by turn, which Google refused to provide to Apple. So, soon, IOS users will have the best of both worlds: Apple and Google maps both. Win, win, Apple.
  • Reply 151 of 155

"MATI is truly a one-stop shopping source for the molding and mold making industries, offering ejector sleeves, Ejector blades, Ejector pins, Step ejector pins, Core pins & Punches in India."

for more details

http://www.matiworld.in/

• Reply 152 of 155

Sri Sai Ram Power Controls as a manufacturer of Power Transformers, Distribution Transformers, Furnace Transformers and Dry type Transformers has been part of Transformer Industry in India.

for more details

http://www.saipowercontrols.in/

• Reply 153 of 155
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    fatusmiles wrote: »

A math equation?

Oh gawd it reminds me of my 1st year maths logic subject in uni. I had no idea what was going on, which was made all the more disturbing because the lecturer was like 70 years old or something.
  • Reply 154 of 155
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    If any company wanted to know about iPhone features all they had to do was buy one. How would being on Apple's board assist engineers with designing comparable smartphone features within Android? How did it assist with creating any Android code for anything? Taking inspiration from another's successful product is pretty darn common, as well as good business practice. Even Apple does it, as innovative as they are.

With Android, I think Steve Jobs didn't expect it to turn out like it did. He was expecting maybe a knee in the back, perhaps a knife, but instead it was a shotgun. Close range while he was making Schmidt pancakes.

That said, Android 4.1 is pretty impressive. I got my Nexus 7, quite nice, not getting the iPad mini. I also have a Sony Xperia S. Total nonsense but that's because it's on 2.3.7 and 4.x should be better, it's rolling out now. Still like my iPhone 5 but doesn't feel "quite right" at times, got an iPhone 4 for testing. iPad 3 is good, iPad 4 no way for now.

I love Apple, but Android is innovating better now than iOS and they've really tried to address tons of issues like handset makers screwing the platform up, choppiness, etc.

OMG.

I AM NOW LIKE GATORGUY AND DAHARDER.
  • Reply 155 of 155
    sr2012 wrote: »
    Oh gawd it reminds me of my 1st year maths logic subject in uni. I had no idea what was going on, which was made all the more disturbing because the lecturer was like 70 years old or something.

math is boring then 70 years old teacher... more boring. That would be hard to learn math...;)