Google's next Nexus phone to be built by LG, unveiled this month

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

It's about time Lucky Goldstar, always the bridesmaid, never the bride got their turn with an Optimus nexus.

I've got one of their phones somewhere, an optimus something or other, I believe it was the first dual core processor based phone ever released, broke the screen the only replacement I could find had the T-mobile logo on it.

One day I'll get around to figuring out how to transfer the contacts to an iPhone seeing as how the screen is now blank and Google sync only seemed to save about four of them.

• Reply 22 of 32
    ifailifail Posts: 463member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Whats shocking to me is that there still hasnt been an Android phone without major software or hardware drawbacks. Is it too much to ask for a STOCK phone with good build quality and a good screen? Doesn't exist yet. Galaxy Nexus is stock, yet the screen is garbage (I own one) and so is the camera. I despise skins and wouldn't touch Touchwiz with a 20 foot pole. HTC phones have great screens and build quality, but again, no stock OS. I hope this phone actually has a good screen (non-pentile), good build quality, camera, etc along with the stock OS. 

I have to disagree, the Galaxy Nexus when it first came out was a god send, with the only two drawbacks being an older OMAP 4460 chip and a weak camera. The 720p screen crushed EVERYTHING before it including the Retina Display on the 4 & 4s, but now new displays have come out and the GNex isn't as good compared to the one on this phone, iPhone 5, or HTC One X.

I think this Nexus will be the flagship for all Android phones until the next Nexus is launched as most phones including the GSIII are using the dual core Snapdragon which has a mediocre GPU. This LG Nexus has a quad core A15 like chip and the Adreno 320 is as good as the SGX543MP3 in the iPhone 5, the only question is going to be how the camera is. 

• Reply 23 of 32
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Doesn't LG usually make garbage?

• Reply 24 of 32
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    quadra 610 wrote: »

Smartphone wise, yes they have.
  • Reply 25 of 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifail View Post

The 720p screen crushed EVERYTHING before it including the Retina Display on the 4 & 4s, 

Too bad it is pentile and based on the sub pixels isn't really 720p, although 720p isn't normally used to describe a screen, it's more of a video format.

• Reply 26 of 32
    quadra 610 wrote: »

software mostly...their hardware has been aiight...my G2x I personally thought looked fine...the LG version of "stock" Android however has been one of the worst experiences of my life.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    ifail wrote: »
    I have to disagree, the Galaxy Nexus when it first came out was a god send, with the only two drawbacks being an older OMAP 4460 chip and a weak camera. The 720p screen crushed EVERYTHING before it including the Retina Display on the 4 & 4s, but now new displays have come out and the GNex isn't as good compared to the one on this phone, iPhone 5, or HTC One X.

I think this Nexus will be the flagship for all Android phones until the next Nexus is launched as most phones including the GSIII are using the dual core Snapdragon which has a mediocre GPU. This LG Nexus has a quad core A15 like chip and the Adreno 320 is as good as the SGX543MP3 in the iPhone 5, the only question is going to be how the camera is. 

iPhone 4S has almost identical screen attributes as the iPhone 5, yet in your warped way of thinking its not. Get a clue. And I love your comments about crushing everything out there. Ramble on, ramble on.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    ifailifail Posts: 463member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Too bad it is pentile and based on the sub pixels isn't really 720p, although 720p isn't normally used to describe a screen, it's more of a video format.

True

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

iPhone 4S has almost identical screen attributes as the iPhone 5, yet in your warped way of thinking its not. Get a clue. And I love your comments about crushing everything out there. Ramble on, ramble on.

There is no warped way of thinking, the Galaxy Nexus had a better screen than the iPhone 4 & 4s you can read numerous reviews attesting that simple as that. With that said Its not the top screen anymore, it held that title until the HTC One X came out, and the only other display as good as it is the one in iPhone 5 and the Optimus G which is the same as the one in this LG Nexus.

You mad cause i'm unbiased? Apple isn't at the top of the heap at everything, and when they do get passed they tend to jump the competition the next year. Ramble on, ramble on. 

• Reply 29 of 32
    Does Google going with LG for the new Nexus mean that Google is axing Samsung as an Android phone maker?

:D
  • Reply 30 of 32

Quote:

True

There is no warped way of thinking, the Galaxy Nexus had a better screen than the iPhone 4 & 4s you can read numerous reviews attesting that simple as that. With that said Its not the top screen anymore, it held that title until the HTC One X came out, and the only other display as good as it is the one in iPhone 5 and the Optimus G which is the same as the one in this LG Nexus.

You mad cause i'm unbiased? Apple isn't at the top of the heap at everything, and when they do get passed they tend to jump the competition the next year. Ramble on, ramble on.

Unbiased?

Why don't you fill us in about the effect on colour gamut of a pentile display, and how that relates to the Nexus Galaxy screen vs the iPhone 4 screen, given that the iPhone 4 screen has more sub pixels than the Galaxy Nexus screen.

• Reply 31 of 32
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Quote:

True

The Galaxy Nexus had a terrible screen.  HTC, Sony and LG have the nicest screens among Android phones.  Heck, my qHD HTC Amaze (S-LCD) has a much nicer screen than the 720p pentile AMOLED display on the GNex...  The best screen currently on an Android phone would likely have to be the HTC One X.  

• Reply 32 of 32
    8002580025 Posts: 175member

But it's still not an iPhone. Only Samsung can make an "iPhone".

Wonder if will be able to "bump butts" and swap a playlist. That's a

ferature I'm sure to use each and every day of my life...