electric bills going up really fast -just me?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Electricity bill often go up but we seldom feel that it went lower rate. We should at least try to change of super high electricity consuming lights into some energy saving bulb. Most of them are more stylish and cute. Yet, it will help us lower our electricity bills.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    fatusmiles wrote: »
    Electricity bill often go up but we seldom feel that it went lower rate. We should at least try to change of super high electricity consuming lights into some energy saving bulb. Most of them are more stylish and cute. Yet, it will help us lower our electricity bills.

The storm is coming. Energy conservation like you mention is important. The other, is to totally go off the grid by going full solar for the home.

The storm is coming.
  • Reply 23 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

The storm is coming. Energy conservation like you mention is important. The other, is to totally go off the grid by going full solar for the home.

The storm is coming.

I didn't say to go on solar, it will be so hard if storm is coming

• Reply 24 of 26
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    It spiked a bit in the summer with the air conditioning running though it has since dropped back to normal levels around this time. I am in the process of replacing some of the few incandescents with LEDs (was never much of a fan of CFLs due to mercury).
  • Reply 25 of 26
    mactacmactac Posts: 316member

All that so called green and alternative energy is raising rates for everyone. Utility companies are forced to add expensive, inefficient, unreliable wind turbines and solar panels. They have to make their money back somehow.

And not a single current fossil fueled power plant anywhere in the world has been shut down and replaced by wind or solar. Instead they have to be kept running at idle (the most inefficient and most polluting mode) in order to kick in instantly when the wind dies or a cloud blocks the sun.

People love the thought of wind and solar because they don't see the ground and water pollution taking place in China from the mining and processing of ore to make those "green" wind turbines and solar panels.

If they were made in the US and the Sierra Club and Greenpeace saw the process they would demand they be shut down. But since it isn't in anybodies backyard and it is only affecting the poor Chinese worker that they don't know they ignore the problem.

If people were serious about reducing real pollution they would be doing everything they can to bring manufacturing back to the US. Our power plants are cleaner burning and more efficient than those in China. Plus you would cut out all of the cargo ship pollution.

My daughter is majoring in Environmental Engineering and in class they proved that wind turbines don't make sense. They are not efficient.

At an Engineering job fair held on campus she got a promotional cup from a company.

Right on the cup was printed, Made from US material. Made in China. So plastic pellets made here were shipped to China, made into cups and then shipped back. Does that make any sense?

• Reply 26 of 26
    winter wrote: »
    It spiked a bit in the summer with the air conditioning running though it has since dropped back to normal levels around this time. I am in the process of replacing some of the few incandescents with LEDs (was never much of a fan of CFLs due to mercury).

This a nice idea