Bug causing iPhone 5s to use cellular data while on Wi-Fi may not be limited to Verizon

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum, but I think I'm facing this same issue.  I'm with Sprint, and while my data is unlimited, when traveling internationally they still have tiered data plans.  I was in Canada for two days in September and today they shut my phone off and are seeking to collect $1200 for data usage claiming I used something close to 400mbs. 

When I was in Canada, I shut my cellular data off and used only wi-fi.  Sprint has been explaining to me all morning that it would be impossible to mistake wi-fi data for cellular data.  Thank goodness I found this thread!

At this time is there any soft of official acknowledgement of this glitch from Apple?  Anything I can reference while I fight these bullshit charges?

• Reply 43 of 43

Here is the issue:

For years I have used between 2-4GB of data a month. Consistently, without fail. After updating to iOS6, my data usage went through the roof. In 18 days I used around 11GB of data.

I tried to figure out what in my usage was different. For days I could not  think of anything. Then I started reading posts about the iPhone still using cellular data even when connected to WiFi.

That was it. I started streaming Slacker Radio when I fall asleep for between 30-45 min about 3-4 days a week. It should be using my WiFi netwok, but I don't think it is. I think it continues to use cellular data (LTE).

I think this is a similar, if not the same, bug that Verizon users experienced (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5526)

And Apple needs to fix this. Acknowledge it and fix it.