Revamped new iTunes 11 user interface hints at future of OS X

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    Hey Tallest,

Do you ever have any critique of Apple? Ever? Or is it always sunshine and puppies for you?
  • Reply 62 of 70
    gary54gary54 Posts: 169member

I want Sound Jam back!

• Reply 63 of 70
    I dunno this just looks scary. I use playlists to organize a massive music library, and it looks like playlists are being shuffled out the door. And what's with this emphasis on albums? When you can shuffle everything, who cares what album a song is from any more? Yet this interface looks very album-centric.

Maybe they're moving to people who own a few dozen songs, leaving we power users out in the dust... Guess we'll find out when it's officially released.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    Dan_DilgerDan_Dilger Posts: 1,583member

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmcboston View Post

I dunno this just looks scary. I use playlists to organize a massive music library, and it looks like playlists are being shuffled out the door. And what's with this emphasis on albums? When you can shuffle everything, who cares what album a song is from any more? Yet this interface looks very album-centric.

Maybe they're moving to people who own a few dozen songs, leaving we power users out in the dust... Guess we'll find out when it's officially released.

It looks album centric because you're only looking at the album section. 

And rather than being "shuffled out the door," there is prominent attention given to playlists. 

• Reply 65 of 70
    One thing they're ignoring (and it has nothing to do with the interface)%u2026 what about all those who have libraries larger than 25,000? At 28,000 , I'd be happy to pay a yearly premium, but it's not even available.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    v1mv1m Posts: 3member
    I really think this should be invisible, like their hardware notification lights.

LL

Standard recessed-looking Apple logo in the center, slightly lighter, no differentiation from the surrounding bar. When information is there, have it appear. When not, not. We don't need a big box up top to show that. 

You're years behind the curve.

Minimalism was Apple before iTunes became its entry point to maximalism. Go back and study the evolution photos, and then stop thinking different. Think Wal-Mart.
  • Reply 67 of 70

Originally Posted by v1m View Post

You're years behind the curve.

Minimalism was Apple before iTunes became its entry point to maximalism. Go back and study the evolution photos, and then stop thinking different. Think Wal-Mart.

No.

• Reply 68 of 70

Any ideas on when iTunes 11 will be released? I was hoping it would get released into the wild today but it seems it was left out of the keynote today.

• Reply 69 of 70
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member

One day to go.. then it's november.

Do you think they're still up for an october release?

Still says "Coming in october"

http://www.apple.com/itunes/new-itunes/

• Reply 70 of 70
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member

The've changed it to November now.