'iPad mini' event will be streamed live to Apple TV, Mac & iOS devices

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

I don't see the need to restrict this for Mac only on the website. That's stupid.

• Reply 22 of 65
    ifij775 wrote: »
    I predict my productivity will suffer today.

Mine is suffering all day already. That's the disadvantage of living in Europe. You'll keep looking for stuff regarding the event all day on the Internet.

This reminds me to stay focused on my work. Have to go....
  • Reply 23 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieverything View Post

Mine is suffering all day already. That's the disadvantage of living in Europe. You'll keep looking for stuff regarding the event all day on the Internet.

Same here lol

Waiting for 7 PM !!

• Reply 24 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

I don't see the need to restrict this for Mac only on the website. That's stupid.

you can also look for it in windows if you have quicktime.

• Reply 25 of 65
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Gotta be out at that time - driving a friend to an appointment and waiting for her. But ... I have an iPad 3rd gen and there's superfast LTE wireless data in our area. That could chew up a lot of data on my plan though. But - there's a library nearby with free open WiFi ... Also a McDonald's if they offer the bandwidth ...
  • Reply 26 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

you can also look for it in windows if you have quicktime.

Sure about this? Because it's not clear at all on their webpage.

I actually won't have any problem to watch it, but this restriction for windows users (if there's actually one) is odd.

• Reply 27 of 65
    [S]Dumb question... how do I receive this on my iOS device (iPhone 5)? (Non-WiFi)[/S]

Answer: Simply go to Apple's website with your iOS device's Safari browser and click the link on the homepage. duh. Thanks to those that set me straight.
  • Reply 28 of 65
    ireland wrote: »
    I noticed that two hours ago, but I didn't bother posting it here because they never give credit round here and just would have posted a separate story.

The new channel is called "Apple Events" btw.

True. It's annoying. Plus one of the two submission features doesn't work. But that's the least of the HTML and scripting problems on this site LOL. I'd just post it in the forums somewhere.
  • Reply 29 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Me too! Still the best streamer around.

Ok- now that Hulu plus is up- and iPads have amazon instant, hbo go, and show time. Lets bring those three and a music streamer (pandora, spotify, Etc) to the Apple TV to make it the best by a mile!

If they announce apps for the atv (unlikely)- it'll be the best announcement today!

A couple weeks ago I viewed Captain America via Amazon Instant using the "apps" in my Blu-ray player.  The quality was just OK but it was free so no big deal.  This weekend I rented The Avengers on my Apple TV and man the quality was great!  They sure do their "hobby" better than anyone else.  It was very close to Blu-ray quality.

• Reply 30 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidness View Post

Dumb question... how do I receive this on my iOS device (iPhone 5)? (Non-WiFi)

Read the article.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2012/

• Reply 31 of 65

It will also be streamed on their website.

• Reply 32 of 65

Quote:

Agreed. Hence my question!

Add: here's what the Apple website says: "Live streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later."

• Reply 33 of 65
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    andysol wrote: »

Ok- now that Hulu plus is up- and iPads have amazon instant, hbo go, and show time.

Those last two aren't really a thumbs up until you can subscribe directly without a basic cable plan.

Wouldn't hurt for them to up the onboard storage for holding more rentals and more buffer space.
    If they announce apps for the atv (unlikely)- it'll be the best announcement today!

They might add more audio/video stuff but it will never likely be a free for all game

Hopefully they will also change up the UI so you don't have to go to computer to find your stuff cause the big obvious buttons go to the stores. Those should be our stuff/links to match and purchases
  • Reply 34 of 65
    clemynx wrote: »

Last time they did this the traffic overload killed it for many. They might have upped the servers etc on their end but there's also a likely increase in potential users. So while it seems dumb on your end it could be a necessary evil.
  • Reply 35 of 65
    oneaburns wrote: »
    A couple weeks ago I viewed Captain America via Amazon Instant using the "apps" in my Blu-ray player.  The quality was just OK but it was free so no big deal.  This weekend I rented The Avengers on my Apple TV and man the quality was great!  They sure do their "hobby" better than anyone else.  It was very close to Blu-ray quality.

Wait until h.265 comes out. Hopefully they will up the quality rather than use it to keep quality and reduce files (do that with the 720p maybe)

If they can get the studios etc invested in this so we get better quality, pricing, release times etc then this could be great. We also need extras from the DVDs in all films, and they work in iOS, kill this buy in SD can only rent in HD. HD on all titles, fill in missing seasons etc.
  • Reply 36 of 65
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I'll add my voice to the concept that seems glaring here ... I want to see what I see on Apple TV available on my iPad! I mean as in the exact same screen I see on my Apple TV on my iPad when I run an App (called Apple TV maybe?) so if I am not at home with my Apple TVs I have the same options on my iPad.
  • Reply 37 of 65

You remind me of the days when I travelled from the UK to the States for every Mac World show, Boston and San Francisco. I used to love the free Mac World magazines (actually they were like massive glossy newspapers back then) they gave out and all the pure adrenalin in Silicon Valley. Visiting Apple HQ was like a pilgrimage lol. It always made me feel like I was living in the last century when I came back to the UK regarding keeping up with Apple and technology in general (not talking about any thing else here, well maybe the weather).
  • Reply 38 of 65
    Agreed. Hence my question!

Add: here's what the Apple website says: [SIZE=14px]"<span style="color:rgb(136,136,136);font-family:'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;line-height:15px;">Live streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later."</span>
    [/SIZE]

Oh I don't know, I can understand not wanting to support anything but the finest delivery platforms :smokey: Besides maybe hundreds of PCers will rush out and buy a Mac or an Apple TV just so they can watch. :D
  • Reply 39 of 65
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    It's currently 1:46 AM in Australia. Apple Store being updated (in multiple languages).
    Will have to see my shiny new iMac in the morning...

http://store.apple.com/au
  • Reply 40 of 65

Quote:

They didn't.  You can watch on a Mac, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or AppleTV.  i.e. all of the devices apple's latest technology can be at both ends of the connection.

Am I reading too much into it to think they much think this is a pretty big event to pick it to bring back the live streaming