'iPad mini' event will be streamed live to Apple TV, Mac & iOS devices

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member

Unfortunately this is because Apple uses HTTP live streaming which is not available on all browsers.

• Reply 42 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

It's currently 1:46 AM in Australia. Apple Store being updated (in multiple languages).

Will have to see my shiny new iMac in the morning...

http://store.apple.com/au

Just after midnight for me in Japan...  Will try to emulate my far younger self of years past and pull an all-nighter to watch live.  Will probably wake up with popcorn all over the floor...

• Reply 43 of 65
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

Just after midnight for me in Japan...  Will try to emulate my far younger self of years past and pull an all-nighter to watch live.  Will probably wake up with popcorn all over the floor...

I did that to watch the landing on the moon. Some things are way cooler in the early hours with popcorn! Enjoy! 8-)
  • Reply 44 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

As long as you don't get too excited, and it's only popcorn, no harm, I guess....image

• Reply 45 of 65
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Great news!

It's been a long, long time since I've been able to watch an Apple event live! When was the last time, like a decade ago or something?

And to those people whining about this only working on Apple devices, too freakin' bad! image We can't have trolls from all over the world clogging up Apple's precious server bandwidth. I've said this before, but if it were up to me, this forum would only be able to be accessed by people with Apple devices. That would certainly cut down on the Fandroids and other infiltrators that come here.

One hour to go! Even with all of the leaks, I'm hoping that Apple will be able to surprise me.image

• Reply 46 of 65
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And to those people whining about this only working on Apple devices, too freakin' bad! image We can't have trolls from all over the world clogging up Apple's precious server bandwidth. 

I hope it works better than last time. I remember that it stalled repeatedly and then jumped back to the beginning without any video controls. I was finally able to get it back to live status by refreshing the page but it was less than seamless for me and a number of others made comment that they experienced the same issue. That was a couple years ago so perhaps it has been sorted out but these types of live events are difficult to test. You never know how it will behave with a full load on the servers. We'll see. I'm anxious to see what they have in store.

• Reply 47 of 65

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It's been a long, long time since I've been able to watch an Apple event live! When was the last time, like a decade ago or something?

Two years, if memory serves. It doesn't, but I know I'm not completely wrong.

• Reply 48 of 65
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Your memory is probably better than mine in that case, but I blame the weed.image

• Reply 49 of 65
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

I wonder if there will be an iMac update after all? The invitation said a "little" more - that would refer to the iPad mini, Mac mini, and 13" MBP but not really the iMac. And they chose a little venue to update their little products. The little venue may also be why the stream.

• Reply 50 of 65

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The invitation said a "little" more - that would refer to the iPad mini, Mac mini, and 13" MBP but not really the iMac.

The problem here is in assuming this means anything at all, much less what you've said.

• Reply 51 of 65

Quote:

The problem here is in assuming this means anything at all, much less what you've said.

Apple's invitations sometimes have double meanings but not usually no meaning.

• Reply 52 of 65

I think it is way longer but one things for sure, it wasn't HD! :smokey:
  • Reply 53 of 65
    ascii wrote: »
    Apple's invitations sometimes have double meanings but not usually no meaning.

It is certainly a play on 'one thing more' IMHO ... so I'm pretty excited! I just hope AAPL picks up a few weeks later after the most likely further drop that seems to follow good news from Apple :no: I picked up a load more on Friday, the price is crazy low!
  • Reply 54 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

It is certainly a play on 'one thing more' IMHO 

It definitely evoked that in me first time I saw it too.

• Reply 55 of 65

Hmmm... the stream has already started, 10 mins early. Gauging the server load?

• Reply 56 of 65
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    I think it is way longer but one things for sure, it wasn't HD! :smokey:

Oct. 2010, but I don't remember if HD.
  • Reply 57 of 65
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Quote:

I think it is way longer but one things for sure, it wasn't HD! image

October 2010 Steve presenting the new MacBook Air

• Reply 58 of 65
    flaneur wrote: »
    Oct. 2010, but I don't remember if HD.

I'm surprised to be honest. I believe you but what was that event, it seems I've had to follow blogs for years. Was it all events prior to that or was that a one off?

I just started watching. Wow the HD on now is very good!
  • Reply 59 of 65

I like old theatres like that, I've been to a few musicals in them, it really adds to the experience. Though I think today will be more about books than music.

• Reply 60 of 65
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

Unfortunately this is because Apple uses HTTP live streaming which is not available on all browsers.

Is that why Sprint's crappy 3G is giving me perfectly smooth streaming video?  Go Apple!  I was expecting it to be a terrible slideshow on my phone today.  That theater is beautiful.  So much for relying on the Engadget liveblog like I usually do