Recent third-gen iPad buyers may be able to exchange for newer model

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/153701/recent-third-gen-ipad-buyers-may-be-able-to-exchange-for-newer-model#post_2217786"]
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Oh right because it's "cute" lol
    It is. :lol:

I can see it being a great gift to give to females.:lol:

A real "stocking stuffer"? :no:
  • Reply 22 of 31

I really hope more info of this comes out. I bought an iPad 3 about 18 days ago so can't return it but would love to exchange it.

• Reply 23 of 31
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

My thoughts exactly.

Obsolete is when you can't use the latest OS and apps.  I would say at this point in time the only REAL obsolete product is the First Gen iPad since it won't run iOS 6, even they still work.

But if the product works and you're happy with it, then I wouldn't say it is obsolete, just an older version.

But, as I have always said about ANY product, no matter what the industry. If the company provides any updated version NO MATTER WHAT the product/company is, everything is a prototype until they get a new model out, because very few things are actually perfected to the point where they can't improve upon it some how, shape or form.  So, in essence, we are all paying to be prototype testers with some level of Tech Support.  :-)

EIther way, I was lucky enough to be able to return the iPad 3 for a refund so I can get an iPad 4.  Keep on giving great customer service because it keeps us coming back for more!

• Reply 24 of 31

I think the future for all three lines is to take the same nomenclature of their other products:  The name remains the same, the rest of us just silently increment the generation.   The iPad will become like the MacBook Pro or the iPod Touch.   They change, get more power, more features, new operating systems but the name never changes.  The Nano is on what, it's 5th generation, there's at least 4 shuffles I know about.   It's a great way to keep the early adopters happy while not aggravating existing users - yea, there is an iMac with a new processor, but this one works fine for me for now.

Just an opinion - print it out and use it for a coaster in case your drink spills.

-Gator

• Reply 25 of 31
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

How will Apple differentiate 3 and 4 in the refurb store?

iPad with Retina display (early 2012)

iPad with Retina display (late 2012)

Who's going to buy 'early'???

They are calling it "3rd Generation" and "4th Generation" in the store.  Here is the list of refurbs...  http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Tom

• Reply 26 of 31
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    that applecare++ that I bought with my iPad3 now seems like an excellent decision...

so they must have known when the iPad3 was released that they were going to release the iPad4 6-8 months later because they offered the applecare++ plan to replace it for 50 dollars but under an accident...

instead of Creating a Plausible ;)*cough* "slip-and-fall" with the iPad3... can i just bring iin my old iPad3 and pay the 50 dollars to get it replaced with to iPad4? under applecare++
    this way they at least have a working iPad3 in exchange for the iPad4.
  • Reply 27 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by haar View Post

that applecare++ that I bought with my iPad3 now seems like an excellent decision...

so they must have known when the iPad3 was released that they were going to release the iPad4 6-8 months later because they offered the applecare++ plan to replace it for 50 dollars but under an accident...

instead of Creating a Plausible image*cough* "slip-and-fall" with the iPad3... can i just bring iin my old iPad3 and pay the 50 dollars to get it replaced with to iPad4? under applecare++

this way they at least have a working iPad3 in exchange for the iPad4.

What is wrong with what you have??

• Reply 28 of 31

Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

More like rebranded and sold as refurbished for $379 right now.

That's weird. If they were actually new products, they'd be in Clearance, not refurb.

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

They are calling it "3rd Generation" and "4th Generation" in the store.  Here is the list of refurbs...  http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

A lot of great things happened at the keynote yesterday. One of which being Apple proving me right about how they consider generations of device. image

• Reply 29 of 31
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    I'm still happy with my iPad 3 but the resale cost will be hurt which will annoy some.
    I am surprised that Apple gave it a 1 revision number despite it not being that big a change over the 3.

I think there will be a lot of people like myself who will be wary about being early adopters now just in case they have gone to a 6 month cycle.

I feel sorry for the people who absolutely must have the latest version. I'm a massive Apple fan but I don't blindly buy everything they bring out.
  • Reply 30 of 31

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

I am surprised that Apple gave it a 1 revision number despite it not being that big a change over the 3.

What does this sentence mean? The bolded part is a lie.

• Reply 31 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

I think there will be a lot of people like myself who will be wary about being early adopters now just in case they have gone to a 6 month cycle.

I feel sorry for the people who absolutely must have the latest version. I'm a massive Apple fan but I don't blindly buy everything they bring out.

So, be a late adopter and never get one as you are always be waiting for the next one??