Apple obtains Beatles' Granny Smith trademark for Apple Corps

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Speaking of music, where's that promised iTunes update that was promised at the end of October. /stopslookingatcalendar 

I hope it's been cancelled, and there's a new update being developed that doesn't take away so many options. Fat chance, though.

• Reply 42 of 52

Originally Posted by elroth View Post

I hope it's been cancelled, and there's a new update being developed that doesn't take away so many options. Fat chance, though.

What options are being taken away, again?

• Reply 43 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

Galas are my favorite

Same.

• Reply 44 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Same.

This.  And Spartans.

Spartan would be a great high-end workstation name.

• Reply 45 of 52

Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

This.  And Spartans.

Spartan would be a great high-end workstation name.

Connect 300 of them using Thunderbolt… 

• Reply 46 of 52
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

HA!!!
  • Reply 47 of 52
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Macoun would work great!

Holly "Macoun Batman"
    Let go my macoun
    imacoun, you macoun, we all macoun
  • Reply 48 of 52
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    ascii wrote: »
    I used to eat Granny Smith apples when I was a kid. Quite a sharp bite. The rest of my family didn't like them.

Here is the old lady herself
    http://www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/About+Ryde/Historic+Ryde/Historic+Figures/Granny+Smith

used to eat?... I love Granny Smith Apples, Especially the ones from South Africa. (the Best in my Opinion)... and yes the one from the states don't have the 'crunch' that the South African ones have.

But, the Macintosh apples (from ontario, from elsewhere such as vermont... most likely the same) when fresh, are one of the best apples ever... IMO. but they have to be fresh from the tree, or Refrigerated for up to a month, because after that they tend to get soft and then are great for Apple pies...
    Red Delicious awesome!...
  • Reply 49 of 52
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is far too late. The only one that cared about this was Steve Jobs anyway. No way Apple will be replacing their logo with the old Apple corps logo.

How many folks are even alive that remember buying the records or know what the label was? It would have been cool if they could have settled it in the 90's or early 2,000's to use this for some of the music related things but it's too late now.

Records were still widely available in the late 80s and there's a thriving community of online record stores as well as brick and mortar ones too, at least in Europe anyway. I remember buying vinyl myself and I'm 42 not 82! Not to mention vinyl sales have actually gone way up in recent years. Many people like the tactility and sound quality of a well produced record. And finally there's a large selection of new turntable, tonearm and cartridge designs available from around 100 to 100,000 Dollars/Euros/Pounds and up!

• Reply 50 of 52
    xgman wrote: »
    Yes, the Adam and Eve story is a blatant Apple rip off.

I guess you didn't know that the use of "Apple" was a homage to Isaac Newton's story of the apple falling from a tree which inspired Newton to study gravity.
  • Reply 51 of 52
    ijoynerijoyner Posts: 135member
    Hi Ascii I was going to mention that Granny Smith was buried at St Anne's Ryde. I've seen her grave there!
  • Reply 52 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If I ran an IT department that could use that set up I'd stick the word Thermopylae on the server-room door