F4 command/function for Mac Office?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited July 2015
On MS Office for the PC, you are able to press F4 and this will immediately repeat the last function you carried out.

Is there a similar command for the Mac version (specifically on word?)

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RabidRabbit View Post

On MS Office for the PC, you are able to press F4 and this will immediately repeat the last function you carried out.

Is there a similar command for the Mac version (specifically on word?)

Cheers in advance.

Yes.

YW.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Yes.

YW.

I really shouldn't have replied to this, but hey, your humor had me at your singular wit.

*sigh*
  • Reply 3 of 9
    In Word, you can easily assign a keyboard shortcut (F key) to the Repeat/Redo function.

1. Go to Tools>Customize Keyboard...

2. Select "Edit" under Categories

3. Under Commands, scroll down to "EditRedoOrRepeat"

4. Place your cursor in the "Press new keyboard shortcut field" and press "F5" on your keyboard (F-keys 1 to 4 are controlled by MacOs). You can also press a combination of other keys such as Command x, Option x, etc.

5. Click "Assign," and you're done.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PatrickG View Post

In Word, you can easily assign a keyboard shortcut (F key) to the Repeat/Redo function.

1. Go to Tools>Customize Keyboard...

2. Select "Edit" under Categories

3. Under Commands, scroll down to "EditRedoOrRepeat"

4. Place your cursor in the "Press new keyboard shortcut field" and press "F5" on your keyboard (F-keys 1 to 4 are controlled by MacOs). You can also press a combination of other keys such as Command x, Option x, etc.

5. Click "Assign," and you're done.

This is perfect. Thanks so much!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Thank you so much for this. I have been missing the F4 repeat since I made the switch to macs 5 years ago. I knew how to assign shortcut keys but without the name of the function EditRedoOrRepeat in this case, couldn't do it.
  • Reply 6 of 9

Thanks so much Patrick....great help! 

• Reply 7 of 9

That helped a lot! I've been trying to do the same thing since I bought my mac. I googled and found your answer! Thanks a bunch!

• Reply 8 of 9

Using PowerPoint, "Cmmd Y" is the same of Windows F4. Others shortcuts here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/mac-word-help/common-office-keyboard-shortcuts-HA102927264.aspx?CTT=1#BMpp

Regards!

• Reply 9 of 9
    The default command for this is actually "cmd-Y". No customisation needed.