Microsoft's Steve Ballmer dismisses Apple as a 'low-volume player'

Comments

• Reply 101 of 156
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member
    Some people really need to work on their blood pressure.
    What's the stress?
  • Reply 102 of 156

Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

Some people really need to work on their blood pressure.

What's the stress?

Oh, you know…

Developers.

• Reply 103 of 156

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwhiteco View Post

This guys needs to just SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!

No. He needs to keep talking. The more he says, the dumber and the more out of touch he appears. Then perhaps, people will just stop listening.

• Reply 104 of 156

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's time for MS to seriously consider letting Ballmer go.

That time came years ago.

• Reply 105 of 156
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    ireland wrote: »
    It's time for MS to seriously consider letting Ballmer go.

This would have been the right thing to do 5 years ago.

Now ...... I don't know what to say.

May be it's better now to keep him. The downfall will be shorter and thus maybe hurts less.

Bye bye M$!
  • Reply 106 of 156
    Has anyone ever actually paid for a copy of Windows? Windows 8 will be no different, wait for a "free" version to become available if you want to run. With that being said, I swear there won't be any Windows of any flavor at our house, we've migrated fully to MacOS and Linux. It's nice to free of WinJunk.
  • Reply 107 of 156
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

I would love to know what Balmer's IQ is.

I wonder too what the very smart programmers who work at Microsoft think of him now. I remember reading a blog post by one a few years back with literally thousands of replies, employees complaining about the drift downwards of the company as they annually "churn" — i.e. fire — ten percent of their workforce and replace them, but exempt from this process the company executives who are responsible for the mess that Microsoft is in.

Microsoft is a textbook case of how not to run a company.

• Reply 108 of 156

Let's be clear. Ballmer is not stupid. He just promotes stupid things, says stupid things and and acts stupidly.

• Reply 109 of 156
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    What.... ever.....
  • Reply 110 of 156
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

The mac plataform has less than 10% market share, and it sold 3million ML copies.

Actually Macs are over 14% of the market in North America and they take a larger slice in other places.  That's for overall numbers too.  If you leave out the corporate purchases it's closer to 25%.  

Mountain Lion also sold 3 million copies in the first few hours, not overall. 

• Reply 111 of 156
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member

This dude reminds me of a Boglin.

• Reply 112 of 156
    mactoidmactoid Posts: 112member
    Seriously...if I owned significant Microsoft stock, I'd be clamoring for this guys head...ugly as it is! ;-)
  • Reply 113 of 156
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    It's called Ballmer propaganda. He get excited with his little OS upgrade? So what. Microsoft had to violate Anti-Trust laws to get where they are. It's REAL easy to gain market share when you are violating Anti Trust laws for years.

now the tides are shifting and Apple's earning their business.

Ballmer is such a back stabber.

Hey Ballmer, so how come you only have 50% of Windows users running one version of the OS? Can't you get 80% market penetration of any release of OS? Is it possible?

In the Smartphone market, Microsoft Dinky. In the tablet market, Microsoft is dinky. so what's up Ballmer? Getting a little nervous that your tablets may end up like Zune.
  • Reply 114 of 156
    mactoidmactoid Posts: 112member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeJay2012 View Post

Let's be clear. Ballmer is not stupid. He just promotes stupid things, says stupid things and and acts stupidly.

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck....

• Reply 115 of 156
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member

Ummm, Deja-F**ing-Vu!

• Reply 116 of 156
    yea, sure, Ballmer.
  • Reply 117 of 156
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, you know…

Developers.

Cocaine's a powerful drug...

• Reply 118 of 156
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Never been keen on this guy, he comes across as an angry arrogant dick. And ever since he took over the reigns at Microsoft, Apple has been walking all over them.
  • Reply 119 of 156
    bosoxbosox Posts: 20member

I really miss those daily briefings from the Iraqi Information Minister. Luckily, SB fills the void every now and again.

• Reply 120 of 156
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Has anyone ever actually paid for a copy of Windows? Windows 8 will be no different, wait for a "free" version to become available if you want to run. With that being said, I swear there won't be any Windows of any flavor at our house, we've migrated fully to MacOS and Linux. It's nice to free of WinJunk.

People aren't just handing them billions of dollars. There actually was a time that people lined up for a Windows release.