iPhone 5 unlocked

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Does anyone know when is rollout of unlocked iPhone 5 , is gonna be !!
I checked several websites they all same thing within weeks !! But it's been over a a month and a half now !!
Does the new rollout on 2nd November can be expected with unlocked phones ??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6

Normally if you go to the Apple Store and pay full retail price it comes unlocked. I know of people buying them at full price and when they go home and restore in iTunes, it is unlocked by Apple.

• Reply 2 of 6

yes thats sometimes true if you buy at full price is often unlocked. The catch to that is sometimes its not and all top 3 major carriers require you to have an account with them. Also if you get it unlocked by them if you were to have any problems with your iphone 5, and apple swaps it for a new one you would loose that unlock due to it was by the carrier not apple. apple factory unlocked is more then just a unlocked imel number its by the model number to, a carrier unlocked iphone does not have or get a factory unlocked model number. Im waiting for a factory unlocked iphone from apple for the usa as well to. All the current iphone 5s require a 2 year contract now, due to the carriers have taken away the no commitment options on there sites and more. Also for those who are like the verizon iphone 5 is factory unlocked, but it works on gsm 3g only no 4g or lte for gsm on that. I hope apple releases the factory unlocked iphone 5 soon. 

• Reply 4 of 6

You can sample buy locked unlock and then go to factory unlock service like att-iphone-unlock.com and order for $19 unlock. So problem is solved

• Reply 5 of 6

Hi

I live in an African country and am currently in the US for medical purposes in Houston.. I would like to buy an iphone 5 that I can use in my country, I don't mind to pay full price, but I cannot find anywhere that will sell it unlocked... can anynody help me?

Thanks

• Reply 6 of 6
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    tourist31 wrote: »
    Hi

I live in an African country and am currently in the US for medical purposes in Houston.. I would like to buy an iphone 5 that I can use in my country, I don't mind to pay full price, but I cannot find anywhere that will sell it unlocked... can anynody help me?
    Thanks

The official Apple Store may sell the iPhone 5 fully factory unlocked for full price. But check with the official Apple Store FIRST. It doesn't seem to be advertised on the Apple website.