Most Apple Stores sold out of iPad mini, 16GB model most popular

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    If that's what people want, let them vote with their wallets. But I don't think it will replace the 9.7 inch iPad any more than the 13" MacBook Pro "replaced" the 15" model.

I think you're right but I don't think your example helps make your case. Wasn't the 15" notebook the leading size since notebooks took off and now it's been 13" for years?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Looking forward to see them wearing the iPad mini costumes though.
    mac-user wrote: »
    ???

This thread is weirding me out.

I don't understand those who say "yes someone may prefer it but it'll never replace the full-size iPad".
    For them, of course it may. For everyone on the planet? Probably not, good point guys. But then only half of customers didn't have a tablet? What percentage of those were iPads? Switchers? Useless data.

So... looks like black is The Sex this time around. Anyone compared to the iPod touch's back, is it the same finish? Everyone keeps comparing it to the iPhone... surely the new iPods make a better comparison.

This will annihilate the competition. Only the non-profit unsustainable tablets will sell now, destroying the advantage of even Asus etc. in selling their proverbials in the hope of an upsell. Compare this quality, for this price with the competition and all hope for competing hw manufacturers is lost.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

I'm worried about it killing margins for Apple.  I don't think it will expand the market as much as it will kill margins.

It's kinda cute that there are people who 'worry' about the profitability of the most cashed up tech company in the entire known universe.

• Reply 24 of 24
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

I'm worried about it killing margins for Apple.  I don't think it will expand the market as much as it will kill margins.

It's kinda cute that there are people who 'worry' about the profitability of the most cashed up tech company in the entire known universe.

Believe me he is not worried. He's hoping something, anything, will kill Apple margins.