Macs running Apple's unannounced OS X 10.9 appear online

245

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 87
    OS X Mr. Kat.
  • Reply 23 of 87
    "No, that's not how this works. One data point doesn't let you say this."

    Actually, Apple explicitly stated on-stage that OS X is moving to an annual release cycle. I think they announced that with Lion, but don't quote me on that. Will have a google and see if I can dig it up.
  • Reply 24 of 87


    Originally Posted by Rory Sinclair View Post

    Actually, Apple explicitly stated on-stage that OS X is moving to an annual release cycle.


     


    Exactly (I think it was with Mountain Lion, but it could have been Lion). That's a way to say it. An equally invalid way, if you listen to many of the people here, but Apple outright saying something is DEFINITELY more concrete than looking at release dates and stating something as fact when there's one data point to support it.

  • Reply 25 of 87
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    "No, that's not how this works. One data point doesn't let you say this."
    Actually, Apple explicitly stated on-stage that OS X is moving to an annual release cycle. I think they announced that with Lion, but don't quote me on that. Will have a google and see if I can dig it up.

    If they outright stated it it would have been with ML because everyone was taken aback by the release of ML that came out of the blue.
  • Reply 26 of 87
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I did however amuse myself by opening Powerpoint, typing an offensive word, then closing it!

    LOL

    Dude!

    That is not cool to type 'Ballmer' onto computers where young children could see it!
  • Reply 27 of 87


    hmm... this is interesting. I hope it is free, like iOS.


     


    In fact, it only makes sense for it to be free.

  • Reply 28 of 87
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,713member


    Okay, let's get the obligatory whining out of the way.


     


    I hope Apple fixes the (insert favorite nonexistent or rare bug that only six people have but claim it's a widespread known issue that Apple has ignored over the last three iterations of OS X.) Don't they test this stuff before they release it.


     


    Glad I got that off my chest before OS X 10.9 is out and declared an epic fail by the "power users."

  • Reply 29 of 87
    Who let the cat out of the bag? I can't wait till this whole cat thing is over so we can move on to some revolutionary ui @ workflows. What will OS 11 or OS XI be like?
  • Reply 30 of 87
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member


    The 'new' OS X to be followed by OS X mini

  • Reply 31 of 87
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    hmm... this is interesting. I hope it is free, like iOS.

    In fact, it only makes sense for it to be free.

    I've certainly argued a case for Apple making Mac OS free of charge so that it can reduce development and support costs across the board but I don't see how it only makes sense if it's free.
  • Reply 32 of 87


    The last remaining "big cat" name is Cougar.  Done.

  • Reply 33 of 87


    11.x should move to the Shark family....ending with the Great White.

  • Reply 34 of 87


    The name of the new OS X will be OS X Lynx ... definitely 

  • Reply 35 of 87
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,383member


    Naw, they should maybe go with different names of snakes.  theirs more types. Plus it sounds more menacing.  We can't have any whimpy OS code names. Plus they also have a much better marketing appeal.


     


    Python, Cobra, Boa, Viper, Copperhead. Black Mamba.


     


    With house cats, we have Siamese, Calico.  Those are kind of whimpy sounding and not too marketable


     


    Or they could go with names of Zodiak signs, there's 12 of those they can use for a while.  Well known names and totally marketable.


     


    Personally, the names Google uses sound like names kids would like, hence why Google acts very immature in their business practices.

  • Reply 36 of 87

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GTR View Post





    LOL

    Dude!

    That is not cool to type 'Ballmer' onto computers where young children could see it!


    You guessed right, I did type Ballmer, although it was actually one of his nicknames.


     


    C**t.

  • Reply 37 of 87


    Can't....sounds too close to Microsoft Lync.

  • Reply 38 of 87
    gustavgustav Posts: 826member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post



    This non-story again.

    The day after the final GM 10.8 is built in Apple, and accepted as GM, they come out with 10.9. Its a relabel. They also fork the build for 10.8.1


     


    10.9 was likely started well before 10.8 GM. 

  • Reply 39 of 87
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,383member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post


    The last remaining "big cat" name is Cougar.  Done.



    There are others like Ocelot, but they aren't that marketable.

  • Reply 40 of 87

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Twispik View Post


    The name of the new OS X will be OS X Lynx ... definitely 



    I agree. Apple did file that name as a trademark in 2003 (along with the other cat names).

Sign In or Register to comment.