Review: Apple's fourth-generation iPad

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75

thank you :)))

• Reply 62 of 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Welcome. This is where it's available right now.

If it's in your country's online Apple Store, it'll also be available in physical stores.

thank you!!

• Reply 63 of 75

Of course, there's nothing stopping them allowing Lightning to run at USB3.0 any time it suits them - they'd just need to provide form-compatible plugs at the other end when they do (assuming you can plug a USB2.0 cable into a 3.0 socket but not vice-versa, it makes sense to only do 2.0 cables now). How they handle the interface internally in the iPhone 6/7/... is entirely in their control and the dynamic nature of lightning would appear to be compatible with that. Unless it *needs* more than 8 pins? 

• Reply 64 of 75

I'm pretty sure Apple will move to a retina Mini as soon as they can. Whether that's 6 or 18 months is entirely down to the supply practicalities (cost and volume). I saw one review that explained quite clearly why retina would be impossible *now*, but that's probably the same as being unable to ship an A6X processor iPad back in March. To some extent the release of the iPad 4 has shown you can never take their release cycles for granted any more. If you don't like the mini's screen, don't buy it. Having tried reading Wired in my local apple store, the screen's plenty *good enough*, but I still opted for the full-size 4 retina which is simply awesome. 

• Reply 65 of 75

Originally Posted by philipbowman View Post

Of course, there's nothing stopping them allowing Lightning to run at USB3.0 any time it suits them…

The speed of the chips inside the iDevice making it meaningless is a pretty good reason not to ship an adapter that won't go any faster. But electronically? No, you're right; I don't imagine there's anything physically preventing one.

I don't imagine we'll see one of those before all Macs ship with USB 3. Same with Thunderbolt. And then they'll still have to use faster NAND.

• Reply 66 of 75

My new iPad4 is a BIG improvement over my old iPad2 faster processor makes getting things on screen faster and new screen really makes text look much clearer. Not crazy about the new power plug system "Lighting" Had to botain a new memory card reader $29+tax an exter IPad4 to USB cord $19+tax Oh well it's just more money.

I bought the WiFi only with 64gb memory just wish the iPad4 had a memory slot as about all other tablets have. all total it's a good iPad and it works.

• Reply 67 of 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyngyrz View Post

mmm. Still no memory card slot for camera, audio, movie data.

Still not buying.

Get a Toaster Pro. Gives the iPad and iPhone all of that and more.

• Reply 68 of 75
    Sadly this forum has a limit on picture file size so it limits the progress I can report. So I don't see any way for me give the forum any positive proof of how my Galaxy 10.1 note compares to my iPad4. But what I can tell you is the Samsung Galaxy's screen does not have the orange cast the iPad4 has, so it looks much cleaner with truer colors. Speed seems no faster with the iPad4 then the Galaxy. And keep in mind the Galaxy costs over $200US less then the Apple iPad4.
  • Reply 69 of 75

Originally Posted by digital curiosi View Post

…it limits the progress I can report.

In what regard?

So I don't see any way for me give the forum any positive proof of how my Galaxy 10.1 note compares to my iPad4.

Links to benchmarks? Video put up of the two side by side performing identical tasks simultaneously? There should be several ways you can compare them.

Speed seems no faster with the iPad4 then the Galaxy. 

Benchmarks say otherwise.

And keep in mind the Galaxy costs over $200US less then the Apple iPad4.

And for the people who can only see money instead of a usable tablet, that's all they'll ever see. They can buy junk if they want junk. From a review:

The Note 10.1 is wrapped in the trashiest, most awful, cheapest-feeling plastic I've ever experienced. Sure, the finish is Samsung's usual glossy-plastic junk, but this plastic isn't even rigid. It's squishy.

The back is also made of the least durable material known to man.

This is the build quality I would expect in a $100 Chinese-knockoff "Android Tablet" from the bottom shelf of a Kmart, not a $500 tablet from the world's largest Android OEM. Samsung should be ashamed.

The overall impression I get from this is arrogance. "We're Samsung. You slobs will buy anything we crap out. We don't have to try, we don't even need the latest components. You'll buy it no matter what."

And a link to the review, because something this hilarious needs to be seen in context, not just quoted in full by me. Note the URL, for all the Anti-Apple Brigade members who want to try to swoop in and lie about whatever.

• Reply 70 of 75
    In what regard?

Links to benchmarks? Video put up of the two side by side performing identical tasks simultaneously? There should be several ways you can compare them.

And for the people who can only see money instead of a usable tablet, that's all they'll ever see. They can buy junk if they want junk. From a review:

And a link to the review, because something this hilarious needs to be seen in context, not just quoted in full by me. Note the URL, for all the Anti-Apple Brigade members who want to try to swoop in and lie about whatever.

You have just made my point. No need for me to waste anymore time posting in this forum. Bye! Bye!.
  • Reply 71 of 75

Originally Posted by digital curiosi View Post

You have just made my point. No need for me to waste anymore time posting in this forum. Bye! Bye!.

If only all the trolls were this easy to get rid of.

• Reply 72 of 75
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

In what regard?

imageimageGeesh, when an Android site is slamming it like that, it's gotta be REALLY bad. No wonder Google thought they needed to step in with their Nexus builds.

• Reply 73 of 75
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    If only all the trolls were this easy to get rid of.

What's funny is that digi forgot to make said point they claimed to make in the first place. A "gotcha" has zero impact if you forgot to even lay the trap. A pretty sloppy hit-and-run troll that forgot to even get out the basic trolling(talking) points.
  • Reply 74 of 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by cicconegreek View Post

thank you :)))

Check here, it says "Coming Soon":

http://www.apple.com/gr/ipad/compare/

Cheers

• Reply 75 of 75
    Anyone looking to buy an iPad should check out this site: http://ipaddirect1.mybigcommerce.com/. You%u2019ll save a ton of money, the prices are ridiculous. You%u2019re welcome.