iPad mini LTE models set to ship in five days

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28

Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

Selling to the US first is a statistical thing not a profit thing.

Exactly. More people in the US buying it, more stock sent there. Shouldn't be earmarking 20 million iPhones for Albania if the stats show one million sold.

if you sell something to someone in the us or anywhere & you sell out there is a waiting time, they just need to allocate their stock more evenly, not preferentially. 

There's a waiting time in the US, too. It's called high demand. They'll get them to you when they get them to you. Is your argument that they should start selling in every single country simultaneously? Because they already stagger releases based on demand and their capability to supply.

Yeah, sorry dude, you were this time. 

Again, I really fail to see how. You haven't explained it in a way contradictory to what I've said.

• Reply 22 of 28
    jblongzjblongz Posts: 167member

Quote:

Originally Posted by protaginets View Post

I'm tired of customers in the US getting special treatment when the sales of the device started in multiple countries on the same day. 

Thats what should happen when American customers buy from an American company.  Do you feed your family first or neighbors?

• Reply 23 of 28
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member

Ah, bummer.  Mine showed arrival on Nov 16th yesterday and was just updated this morning to Nov 20th (next day delivery).

• Reply 24 of 28
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    elehcdn wrote: »
    I am wondering if maybe you should be blaming your country's communication regulatory board who are taking too long to approve the cellular versions.

On the first day, Apple sold wifi units to all countries. If they were able to do so, I think they would like to ship LTE versions to all countries.
    Yes. This one.

Moreover, it serves as kind of a marketing buildup in other territories as the US begins lining up and reviewing the product, giving Apple time to asses potential demand in other territories. It costs money to allocate inventory, especially to markets where the economy has changed dramatically since their last product launch, e.g. Greece, Spain, et al.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Exactly. More people in the US buying it, more stock sent there. Shouldn't be earmarking 20 million iPhones for Albania if the stats show one million sold.

I really don't think you get it, I don't think I can explain it to you, 

It's selling out in most places when it arrives, which is why it is in. Demand.

Still doesn't make sense, why the US would get all the initial stock, they just need to allocate some, just some of it to other countries on launch & nothing you have said explains why not, it's devotion not logic what you're saying here, they will get the sales in the US either way, if the device is in stock or not, people will still buy them, it's exactly the same as me ordered it on the same launch date in the US, I just have to wait longer, apple know the demand, they get pre-orders, not saying they should send 20 million iPads here, just at least the amount that fills pre-orders. 

Otherwise having the same preorder date & release date means nothing, it literally & actually doesn't make sense, if you can't deliver the same release date they should have staggered the dates buy a few weeks, it's about managing expectations. 

If I get my iPad mini on around the same time as people in the US, ill take it all back.

PS I'm not sure whats going on, i'm having some issues editing this post

• Reply 26 of 28

Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

Still doesn't make sense, why the US would get all the initial stock…

We didn't.

they just need to allocate some, just some of it to other countries on launch…

They did.

nothing you have said explains why not

For the cellular models, licensing and regulations, if anything external. Demand for the rest, which I have clearly said.

…they will get the sales in the US either way, if the device is in stock or not, people will still buy them…

I don't see how you can buy something out of stock. But, to your point, I don't see how this isn't the case for ALL countries.

Otherwise having the same preorder date & release date means nothing, it literally & actually doesn't make sense, if you can't deliver the same release date they should have staggered the dates buy a few weeks, it's about managing expectations. 

They DID this. I don't understand what's confusing.

PS I'm not sure whats going on, i'm having some issues editing this post

Hmm. Are you getting a pop-up error box, or is it just not showing any feedback at all?

• Reply 27 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by protaginets View Post

I ordered two minutes into the presale, nothing has changed as far as the shipping date. It still says late November. I'm tired of customers in the US getting special treatment when the sales of the device started in multiple countries on the same day. If you can't sell equally to everyone, maybe they shouldn't sell in more than one country on release day.

It is their largest market, what did you expect?  One day it will be China, and a lot of U.S. customers will feel like you.

• Reply 28 of 28
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

'A Bunch of BS'

Yeah....No....Looks like i was right & you were wrong, live n learn :P

it wouldn't let me format the page properly, it didn't come up with any errors.

the new layout is good n bad.