Mike Dell :"Confirmed: Apple is Outta Buisness"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Have you seen the Buisness Week article yet?

"Apple cant make killer new hardware for much longer, and sucking away R&D funds if they dont expand maeket share"

Somebody put a bullet in Mike's head. Please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 133
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    He must be sh*tting his pants. Who is he going to copy if Apple goes down?
  • Reply 2 of 133
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Media folks like to get this stuff out of him. It's a sport for him and them.
  • Reply 3 of 133
    Steve Jobs ought to point out that Dell can't keep slashing their margins without eventually putting themselves out of business, to say nothing of quite a few of their rivals. Sheesh, at least when Apple sells a desktop, they make a profit on it.
  • Reply 4 of 133
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I agree with David R. Apple is a resource for other computer companies for free R&D. If they go, who the heck is going to inovate in the computer world?

Even worse is that there'll be only one major computer type to choose from. Wintel.

I don't know about any of you people but I prefer competition in business. It helps drive down costs and gives us choice. I don't want to have to choose wintel in a box built by compaq or dell or gateway, etc...

- Mark
  • Reply 5 of 133
    steve said it best...apple competes through innovation. dell competes by being wal-mart.

dell may have marketshare, but they'll never have style. as long as mike is CEO, they'll never have class either.
  • Reply 6 of 133
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    **** Dell.
  • Reply 7 of 133
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    How hard would it be to believe that Dell or others have planted a mole in Moto/IBM to sabotage the chips?

I mean, it would only cost them a few hundred thousand dollars to have someone mess up chip, or fake a test, or drop something.

I'd bet this goes on to some degree.

Apple just needs a mole in Intel is all.
  • Reply 8 of 133
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Jeez, how many years is it now that we've heard about Apple being dead?

Abso-friggin-lutely incredible!!! No matter what Apple does, they're always on the verge of death according to some people.
  • Reply 9 of 133
    [quote]Originally posted by koffedrnkr:

<strong>steve said it best...apple competes through innovation. dell competes by being wal-mart.

dell may have marketshare, but they'll never have style. as long as mike is CEO, they'll never have class either.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Everybody knows that when you feel overshadowed you tend to lash out irrationaly..right? Michael Dell lashes out too much to be taken seriously in the business world. He makes himself and his company look rediculous.

How long has Apple been in business? How long has Dell been in business? That's what I thought.

MIKE SUCKS!

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 133
    Got a link?

Jet
  • Reply 11 of 133
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Does that asshole ever shut up?
  • Reply 12 of 133
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Does that asshole ever shut up?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Me or Dell? :confused:
  • Reply 13 of 133
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    How else would Mike Dell get any media attention? The guy couldn't come up with a plan to wipe his ****ing ass by himself.

I think the article is great. He's just showing everyone what a narrow minded prick he really is.

His idea of innovation is trying to figure out how to cut $1 off the cost of a generic looking ****ing box. Please.
  • Reply 13 of 133
    The depressing thing is that, in our dog-eat-dog capitalist society, the business community really thinks Mike Dell is tits, despite the fact that the man has contributed nothing to computing, apart from maybe a better way to manage channel inventory. Yeah, they'll be naming high schools after this guy ...
  • Reply 15 of 133
    They used to say "Apple's been going out of business for twenty years... and it'll probably be going out of business for fifty more."
  • Reply 16 of 133
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote] Yeah, they'll be naming high schools after this guy ... <hr></blockquote>

Yea those ghetto gang land schools they make horror moveis outa the student gangs fighting cyborg teachers...
  • Reply 17 of 133
    There is no honor among thieves. I can't wait until Microsoft puts the knife in Michael Dell's back.

Let's face the facts. Without Microsoft Windows, Dell has absolutely no value as a company. It's like McDonald's without ground beef.

Does Microsoft need PC makers forever? They are moving into home appliances and are supposed to come out with the HomeStation soon. With a web browser and digital device capabilites, they will be competing with Dell as the families second PC. Do you really need a full fledged PC for your second computer when the HomeStation can do the same thing?

Microsoft wants to take over EVERYONE'S business even the banks and credit card companies transactions. So if they can have a monopoly on their home device, why not? Why wouldn't they want to make some of the profits Dell is making? What's Dell going to do if Microsoft sets up an operation to sell 20 million HomeStations a year. Is Dell going to move to Lindows? We've assumed Microsoft had no real hardware aspirations but maybe they were waiting for the right time. And there is always a new generation and new minds at Microsoft so I'm sure someone has thought about it. There's a post PC world coming and Dell may not be invited.
  • Reply 18 of 133
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Keep in mind that just by stating this publically, Dell is able to instill a certain degree of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) in the hearts of computer buyers. Perhaps enough to keep them away from buying a new iMac, for instance.

Personal jihad aside, Dell has made a smart (albeit slimey) business decision by trying to keep Apple's marketshare from expanding by casting doubt on the company's viability.
  • Reply 19 of 133
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by moki:

<strong>Keep in mind that just by stating this publically, Dell is able to instill a certain degree of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) in the hearts of computer buyers. Perhaps enough to keep them away from buying a new iMac, for instance.

Personal jihad aside, Dell has made a smart (albeit slimey) business decision by trying to keep Apple's marketshare from expanding by casting doubt on the company's viability.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think the declaration of Mike are made for internal politic.

I suppose (because i don't think Mike is fool enough to make declaration that brings nothing ) that many people from Dell are complaining that there is not enough innovation today. Saying the market of Apple is too small for such R&D developpement is a way to say that the strategy of Dell is the good one : the fewest R&D developpement, lot of publicity, and the biggest marketshare possible.

As a conclusion : I think this declaration are a way to answer to criticize about his strategy. In any case this declaration canno't have a serious impact against Apple.
  • Reply 20 of 133
    dell should just keep his god damn mouth shut, stupid ass buisness men, all they do is put pc parts in boxes. Any jack ass with enuff money to start a company can do that. Their too big and mighty now, I bet they go out of buisness in like 5 years. The biggest reason that general people buy from them is thier "support" f that its like some one rapes you then calls you the next day to see if your ok. Once os X is totaly done and we have competitive mhz numbers, its gonna be a whole different story