Apple woos chip design guru away from Samsung

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Are you frigging kidding me. Is this a real… 

[SIZE=26px]????[/SIZE]

Wow, you are actually being serious! Are you that one eyed that you can't see any other company doing well in the industries they compete in?

Actually looking back at what you usually post, I see you make this a habit.

I'll give you one more chance, please provide proof that Samsung doesn't lead in various categories they compete in. I am being totally serious, please provide this proof, or shut up, your choice.
  • Reply 82 of 92
    Are you frigging kidding me. Is this a real… 

[SIZE=26px]????[/SIZE]

Hmm strange, I replied to this, but now it is gone? Strange, all I did was to ask you to show me the evidence, or shutup, but the post has been deleted. How strange, any reason why? And while you are at it, how about providing said proof that Samsung is not an industry leader in fields they compete in?
  • Reply 83 of 92
    bigmac2bigmac2 Posts: 639member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Well for starters they are the top sellers of cellphones in the World, that is one measure of "leading". They are also top in TV sales (which isn't necessarily a good thing considering how much these companies lose on TVs). They also seem to be leading in a number of their industries

So you are defining leadership has the one who move the most crap in distribution channel, because the last time I've check Samsung only gave shipped number not sold.  Beside the Galaxy S III can you name me another world leading product from Samsung? Guess not.

• Reply 84 of 92

Originally Posted by BigMac2 View Post

Beside the Galaxy S III can you name me another world leading product from Samsung? Guess not.

Why are you setting that aside? It doesn't even fit the bill, either.

• Reply 85 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why are you setting that aside? It doesn't even fit the bill, either.

You are right. But I'm still giving Samesung some credit for the Galaxy S, the phone who killed Androids competition.  So the Galaxy S III is the Android Leader nothing more.

• Reply 86 of 92

Originally Posted by BigMac2 View Post

You are right. But I'm still giving Samesung some credit for the Galaxy S, the phone who killed Androids competition.  So the Galaxy S III is the Android Leader nothing more.

Do you mean "killed competition within Android"?

• Reply 87 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you mean "killed competition within Android"?

Something like that, but more radical.  The Galaxy has become the sole and only current Android phone recognize on the street, sending every other Androids products into bogo deal oblivion 

• Reply 88 of 92
    bigmac2 wrote: »
    So you are defining leadership has the one who move the most crap in distribution channel, because the last time I've check Samsung only gave shipped number not sold.  Beside the Galaxy S III can you name me another world leading product from Samsung? Guess not.

You answer proves that no matter when I write you are going to take issue with it.

There are some simple facts, Samsung is a huge company, and they are the market leader in a number of the industries they compete in. You cannot prove otherwise.

All companies report on shipments, including Apple, look at documents from their Apples reports, it is in there.
  • Reply 89 of 92
    Beside the Galaxy S III can you name me another world leading product from Samsung? Guess not.

Their TV division is the market leader. Their semiconductor business is a world leader
  • Reply 90 of 92

Quote:

You answer proves that no matter when I write you are going to take issue with it.

There are some simple facts, Samsung is a huge company, and they are the market leader in a number of the industries they compete in. You cannot prove otherwise.

All companies report on shipments, including Apple, look at documents from their Apples reports, it is in there.

Their TV division is the market leader. Their semiconductor business is a world leader

Samsung is one of the handful TV Leaders not THE Leader, same apply for every market Samsung is competing in. Samsung is a generic products maker, in its whole existence they never have develop a new market segment or even drive up a market, what audio-video standard or format they have created? Samesung is not in the same R&D leagues of Apple, Sony or even Microsoft, they all created new markets, not Samsung. 

Samsung raison d'être is to mass produce "safe market" products, not to innovate anything.  Samsung a leader? Sound more like a market leech to me.

BTW Apple's Result Reports is on sold units, by "all companies" you means all OEM Androids manufacturer who don't gives a s**** about the end users of their products because the carriers and Google already owned them and their credits card, sure they reports on shipments, after all it's up to the carriers problem if they overstock plastic turds and need to gives outdated orphan phone like the Galaxy S II for free.

• Reply 91 of 92
    Samsung is one of the handful TV Leaders not THE Leader, same apply for every market Samsung is competing in. Samsung is a generic products maker, in its whole existence they never have develop a new market segment or even drive up a market, what audio-video standard or format they have created? Samesung is not in the same R&D leagues of Apple, Sony or even Microsoft, they all created new markets, not Samsung. 

Maybe you should have a lookup on those details before making that claim.

What audio-video standard have they created? Why does that matter? They are a patent holder in AVC, and hold significantly more patents in it than Apple, but hey, Quicktime is widely supported so we can squash that one

Also, what market has Apple created?? Personal computers? (well actually they existed before Apple)

The companies name is Samsung, you don't add anything to the discussion by name calling.

Samsung raison d'être is to mass produce "safe market" products, not to innovate anything.  Samsung a leader? Sound more like a market leech to me.

Wow, you actually believe that.
    BTW Apple's Result Reports is on sold units, by "all companies" you means all OEM Androids manufacturer who don't gives a s**** about the end users of their products because the carriers and Google already owned them and their credits card, sure they reports on shipments, after all it's up to the carriers problem if they overstock plastic turds and need to gives outdated orphan phone like the Galaxy S II for free.

from Apples SEC report
    The Company recognizes revenue when persuasive evidence of an arrangement exists, delivery has occurred, the sales price is fixed or
    determinable, and collection is probable. Product is considered delivered to the customer once it has been shipped and title and risk of loss have
    been transferred.

You do realise that "customer" for Apple is whoever purchases it, this includes the numerous wholesalers who deal in their products.

And what is the last but apart, I said all companies, ie Nokia, Apple, Samsung, LG, etc etc. I don't know what Sansung did to you, but you seem to be taking it a bit personally
  • Reply 92 of 92
    jfanning wrote: »
    Samsung makes a lot more than just cellphones and laptops

Then what samsung makes? history?