Samsung executive says company has no plans to settle with Apple

Comments

• Reply 21 of 83

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Disney also said at one point they would stop collaborating with Pixar, and began making CG animated features on their own.

To be fair, that never happened. Disney caved to Pixar in that regard.

They DID then switch to CG, but that's unrelated to the original point to which you're referring.

• Reply 22 of 83

Samsung's positioning is nothing more than the typical, stereotypical even, saving face response.  I would venture to guess that they'd make comments like this even while negotiating with Apple, as they seek to look like the stronger of the battling partners.  It's not much different than what you see with the government of N. Korea making thinly veiled threats while seeking funding for humanitarian aide.

• Reply 23 of 83
    herb what are you smoking... Apple is still the #1 smartphone in sales.. it would be higher but has supply issues from Samsung.. wow that's a shocker...

Once Samsung is out of the picture then the supply issues will probably go away in addition you think its odd Samsung cancelled the building of there new facility soon as Apple announced they are dumping Samsung..

Samsung has been stealing technology from Apple for years and for free. Soon as this seperate happens then samsung will go down hard unless they give there phones aware for free or $100... I mean the S3 is already 99-149 some places so..
  • Reply 24 of 83
    Samsung's entire business is built on copying. They're known as a 'fast copier' in the electronics industry. They've never invented anything. Calling them technology thieves would be putting it mildly.

Of course they don't want to settle with Apple. That would be admitting to what they do for a living. They're simply in denial of the facts and they've hired high-priced flim-flam lawyers in hopes of confusing judges and juries worldwide.
  • Reply 25 of 83

Just bought new home appliances.  There is not a Samsung item in the mix.

• Reply 26 of 83
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member

What did I tell you, Koreans dont give in.

• Reply 27 of 83

Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

What did I tell you, Koreans dont give in.

They copied that from the Japanese, and more recently Americans.

• Reply 28 of 83

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The North invades, US remains isolationist, the South falls. 

Or a US block of all sales of all Samsung products as a result of some Apple trial. Heck, the judge in the case that Apple won should be able to add whatever she wants to the ruling at any time for any reason, if the UK is any indication of how "law" works. 

The South has enough firepower to defend itself without the assistance of the US. The US has bases on that country only for its own self interest. I was stationed in  Korea years back.

• Reply 29 of 83

Quote:

They copied that from the Japanese, and more recently Americans.

You certainly dont have a clue how Koreans work do you? Having bee associated with them for 3 years, I have personal experiences on how Koreans (in general) function; work ethics, mannerism, culture etc.

You, on the other hand, probably have no association or even know anyone who is Korean around you. Just a wild guess.

• Reply 30 of 83
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member

Quote:

To be fair, that never happened. Disney caved to Pixar in that regard.

They DID then switch to CG, but that's unrelated to the original point to which you're referring.

Disney was into CG well before Pixar took over.  And it sucked.   Bolt turned into a great little movie because in the 9 months after Disney bought Pixar they essentially did a complete rewrite. Bolt had been in production for 3 years prior to that. 

Meet the Robinsons was probably their best CG movie prior to that, everything else was very forgettable.

• Reply 31 of 83

Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

You certainly dont have a clue how Koreans work do you?

Same way the Japanese and Americans work, just in Korean.

• Reply 32 of 83
    jecaron wrote: »
    herb what are you smoking... Apple is still the #1 smartphone in sales.. ..

Are you sure? I'm not.
  • Reply 33 of 83

Quote:

Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

Samsung is not afraid of anything because this is essentially a company backed by the S Korea government. Samsung will never go under. Well, unless the US is willing to go far and stop trading with them anyway. 

Well, the South Korean gov't let Daewoo, a much larger conglomerate back in late 1990's, go under.  Samsung is also 50+% owned by foreigners. 

• Reply 34 of 83
    sensisensi Posts: 346member
    I can't believe that AI is using again this deceptive and misleading illustration which is conveniently "ignoring" phones like the Samsung SGH-F700 or LG prada, both of which were released well prior to the iPhone... Propaganda much?
  • Reply 35 of 83
    I used to like Samsung and was somewhat of an advocate for their LCD/LED and appliance products. Their conduct in this fight with Apple, and their blatant disregard for the intellectual property of Apple and other companies has totally turned me off to anything they make. I won't be a part of helping to fund their continued theft. R&D for them stands for Rip Off and Duplicate. If thousands feel similar, and feel the sour taste in their gut anytime they consider a Samsung product, that will be poetic justice for uncle Sammy IMHO..
  • Reply 36 of 83

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggedchess View Post

I used to like Samsung and was somewhat of an advocate for their LCD/LED and appliance products. Their conduct in this fight with Apple, and their blatant disregard for the intellectual property of Apple and other companies has totally turned me off to anything they make. I won't be a part of helping to fund their continued theft. R&D for them stands for Rip Off and Duplicate. If thousands feel similar, and feel the sour taste in their gut anytime they consider a Samsung product, that will be poetic justice for uncle Sammy IMHO..

I used to don't mind/care about Apple - now I openly hate it.

I used to don't mind/care about Samsung - now I openly support it.

• Reply 37 of 83

Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post

I used to don't mind/care about Apple - now I openly hate it.

I used to don't mind/care about Samsung - now I openly support it.

Enjoy your fantasies, I guess. Regular people know not to mix them with reality, though.

• Reply 38 of 83

Quote:

The North invades, US remains isolationist, the South falls. 

Or a US block of all sales of all Samsung products as a result of some Apple trial. Heck, the judge in the case that Apple won should be able to add whatever she wants to the ruling at any time for any reason, if the UK is any indication of how "law" works. 

wishful thinking.

Well, nobody doubts the South is going to win - the North is pretty much all by itself now.  Even their biggest allies Russia and PRC  have been warming up to South Korea in recent years (there was even a rumor that Putin's daughter was to marry a son of SK's admiral a few years back).  It's just that the casualty would be catastrophic regardless of the South's victory.  Furthermore, the North might drop a couple of nuclear bombs in the US coastal regions just for fun.  (they are still pretty bitter about the US's bombing campaign that killed millions during the Korean war)

Judge Koh and Grewal may not be the most fair, competent judges around, but they probably don't want to end their careers with outlandish decisions. 

• Reply 39 of 83
    nealgnealg Posts: 132member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I see your point but I lean heavily towards dasanman69's comment. Since these divisions at Samsung are very separate entities which hasn't been a problem through any of the current lawsuits and Samsung's current position in these suits if I were Samsung I'd just say "do your worst, Apple." Now, I think Samsung's position is unsustainable and they will end up being hurt in the end from stealing from Apple but that damage is done and Apple will continue to be more self reliant (or at less reliant on a single component vendor) regardless of what Samsung does now.

I think the California trial was a real kick in the pants to Samsung and its reputation and they may be trying to save face and a couple of bucks in their negotiations. But you may be right. Some of the articles about Samsung being a real mean corporate player may mean that they have to be really taken down a peg or two to really negotiate. I thought the California verdict may have done that. But maybe not.

• Reply 40 of 83
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggedchess View Post

Samsung copies a lot on the product side, but they are one of the best regarding panel's R&D and panels production. Apple has incell for now but Samsung could very well come up with panels innovation and cut off Apple from it. There latest research is on flexible panels.