Rumor: Release of new iMacs may be delayed into 2013

Comments

• Reply 41 of 88
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    sflocal wrote: »

This "rev 1.0" gets really old.  Technically, just about every product release that Apple makes is branded a "Rev1.0" by people.

Well, ok, I was referring to the overall housing and assembly, which is a major revision. Often times the products simply receive a bumped processor or minor internal revision, which doesn't impact the manufacturing as much.

Obviously the changes for this version of the iMac were significant enough to even delay it's release this far past the announcement date (regardless of whether the rumor of further delays is true). Otherwise it would have been in the stores already.
  • Reply 42 of 88
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Thanks to Apple, they did all the research on it so the Samsungs of the world can use the same paint process too.

Perhaps, but the paint issue with the white iPhones was solved by a small Japanese company not Apple directly.

• Reply 43 of 88
    nagromme wrote: »
    The rumor is certainly possible. Apple takes big risks with new manufacturing processes that would scare any other electronics company to death.
    And you really think that Apple would have announced the product if they didn't have the issues resolved. they needed this month both to have launch product and to resolve more of the iPhone demand and handle at least some of the iPad before they gave the retail staff something else to deal with
  • Reply 44 of 88
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member

Apple should offer the option of a genuine and true matte display for health and productivity reasons. Just search Google for MacMatte to get the facts!

• Reply 45 of 88
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    charlituna wrote: »
    And you really think that Apple would have announced the product if they didn't have the issues resolved. they needed this month both to have launch product and to resolve more of the iPhone demand and handle at least some of the iPad before they gave the retail staff something else to deal with

I'm sure nagromme would think it's unlikely but things do happens (hence the possibility) and this wouldn't be the first time there was a delay just prior to an announced ship date. iTunes 11 is a very recent example.
  • Reply 46 of 88

I'm sorry but are there really that many people in this country that think the word that means the opposite of win is spelled........loose??? image

• Reply 47 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvmb99 View Post

I just spoke to an Apple store rep 20 minutes ago, and she claimed they've been told to expect the 21.5" any day now. Lets hope she was right...

I have trouble believing this. First, Apple Store employees are never informed of what or how much of what is coming until it arrives. Second, whatever they know, they are trained not to divulge.

• Reply 48 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

I'm sorry but are there really that many people in this country that think the word that means the opposite of win is spelled........loose??? image

Sadly, there are. If you try to correct them, they will say "your wrong".

• Reply 49 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifij775 View Post

Remember the white iphone that took something like an extra year to launch. AAPL isn't perfect, but that was a colossal delay.

Remember the 3.0 GHz G3 processor chip from IBM within a year so Steve Jobs said...  Still waiting!... image

/

/

• Reply 50 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

Sadly, there are. If you try to correct them, they will say "your wong".  Fixed it for you,

• Reply 51 of 88
    Apple's new product: 'iMplosion'
  • Reply 52 of 88
    "Cook said that there would be a "significant shortage" of the all-in-one, but declined to offer details on the matter."

We'll see, but if these damn things are delayed, extending the already over 530 days for a frick'n update! Here's a clue Apple, leave art for the wall and go back to making 'Beige Boxes' if that is what it is going to take to avoid production problems and are delivered ON TIME! If this turns out to be true, RIDICULOUS!
  • Reply 53 of 88
    All of this talk about the welding process and delay.. Come on.. Apple did not invent the process in september and try to implement it in november for them to be surprised with what it takes to pull it off in production..
    It may be slower to build than they anticipated .. Which means the supply will be even more restricted but why would it be delayed.. They may have less on the first day but why would the production get pushed back altogether.

This thing is just another rumor to benifit the shorts while the going is good or them.
  • Reply 54 of 88
    I hope this is not true, I think Apple have messed up quite enough already for this year. They are going too fast too soon with product launches and they are hitting a bottleneck on almost every new product not too mention the glitches with iOS6.

It is almost like iOS6 is the Apples VISTA, only consolation being that it is almost been a free update for iPhone and iPad users.

Apple should announce 2013 as the year of software and solely concentrate on improving existing software and removing the glitches. Many companies including Apple have sat on their laurels and failed miserably, apple should not make the same mistake again.
  • Reply 55 of 88
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member
    pridon wrote: »
    FRom Apple Wevb site &:34 PM EST: "21.5-inch starting at $1299. Coming in November.27-inch starting at $1799. Coming in December".

The Web staff doesn't seem to have this info. Seems like FUD until its offical

+1 with the FUD idea. Oz website (http://www.apple.com/au/imac) says:

21.5" starting at A$1,429 RRP. Coming in November. 27" starting at A$1,999 RRP. Coming in December.

:)
  • Reply 56 of 88
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member
    I'm sorry but are there really that many people in this country that think the word that means the opposite of win is spelled........loose??? :wow:

:). Good one :). There's also a lot of playing fast and loose with apostrophes ("it's" (abbreviation of "it is") when it should be "its" (possessive case)); "their", "there" and "they're" get mixed up; as do "then" and "than". They all seems to be an English-speaking-world-wide phenomenon, however: I tend to think that it's the fault of allowing the spellingauto-correcters auto-corrupters (as I saw described so accurately on these 'ere Forums recently ;)). Well, that's a (partially) charitable view, at any rate.

Note - all my mistakes are my own as I have the iPad 1's auto-corrupter turned off :) :D :)
  • Reply 57 of 88
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

WHAT?!

Even I still have enough faith in New Apple that they wouldn't botch a frigging hardware launch like this. 

And if so, what then? Is Mansfield out?! image

In this day and age, it could be one component that can hold a product back.  Who is heading the company can't prevent certain things.

I'm sure that Hurricane Sandy or some other reason beyond anyone's control might delay a product release, it happens. 

• Reply 58 of 88

Don't react for at least 24 hours. I bet by this time tomorrow morning, AppleInsider will post a headline that reads "Samsung denies release of new iMacs may be delayed into 2013".

• Reply 59 of 88
    ecsecs Posts: 307member

Nice to have iMac rumors, but what I really miss in this moment is the new Mac Pro. It was said to be coming in 2013, but we know nothing about it. It's fine that Apple is releasing cool looking products with somewhat difficult assembly, but, in the mean time, please announce a new machine designed for intense CPU and GPU use. Please Apple announce the new Mac Pro soon.

• Reply 60 of 88
    current "in-store" stock levels of iMacs is virtually non-existant. In fact, I don't believe you can currently get a 27" at all, and by this point maybe even a 21.

If this is true Look at the current problems with Apple under TCook.

iP5 has major issues with manufacture still. Black models still have cosmetic issues as well as IOS6 problems.

Stock levels on ALL products previously not a problem continue to plague supply side. Maybe fighting with Samsung is hurting a little.

But no iMacs until the New Year? Wow, that is going to hurt sales this week especially. I can say first hand that will suck. Also, to what end?

DId we really need an iMac, that is paper thin at the edge? I know it will look incredible but at $100 per machine more, and potential design issues. Ever touch an i7 Imac on the top back after it has ben running all day? You could cook an egg on the frackkin thing. I wonder how this is going to work on the new design, i bet it is going to run really hot. I would have rather had a Retina option anyway. And dare I say a BluRay drive. Believe me, there is still demand for BRD.

Also, no MacPro? still a fair amount of demand at the store level. In my view, Apple is purely becoming a company run by the numbers for the Shareholder, and they are falling further behind trying to impress. They need a total customizable made to order "skunk-works" division. Not highly profitable, but it would keep the Company in the PROSUMERS eye. BTW, pro software should be part of that group too probably.

Apple should work on making the best products in a category, they have and continue to be an innovator, but their products are slipping over all, at least in function.

Apple TV, if they get into that business. That will be a pure mess. Mark my wordz.