Apple's iPhone, iPad mini sales even stronger than expected - report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post

While in some instances this may be true, often people in a low socioeconomic class make poor choices and buy whatever they want.  They get welfare and other government handouts but always have plenty of money for beer, cigarettes and other unnecessary items.

Reminds me of a joke I saw somewhere. 

A famous sports reporter was talking about a $100 million contract some top sportsman had just signed. Off Camera one of the panel asked the reporter

"what would you do with $100 million ?"

The reporter paused for a moment and said

"I'd spend 90% on good living, loose women and beer, and the rest of it I'd probably waste" 

:-)

• Reply 62 of 66
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypop View Post

*Update: I wanted to add a link to this article, that suggests that 1/3 of PC users faced with the question of whether or not they'll upgrade to Windows 8 say they're going to switch to Mac. That translates into a lot of new Mac users...and a lot of potential iPod, iPhone and iPad buyers, too:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2012/11/14/poll-shows-us-consumers-hesitant-windows-8/1700585/

Apple's future - for this and many other reasons - is quite bright, in my opinion.

It was slightly different (but still good):

Avast's poll of U.S. Windows users found 16% planned to purchase a new computer. While 68% indicated they would get one of the new Windows 8 models, 30% planned to buy an Apple iPad touch tablet, and 12%, an Apple Macintosh computer.

Or, from the 16% that planned a new computer, 42% are going Apple (Mac or iPad). But maybe not, because 68% + 30% + 12% = 110%. I think Avast also predicted a Romney landslide.

So, take this with a huge grain of salt. And it definitely it does not say "1/3 of PC users faced with the question of whether or not they'll upgrade to Windows 8 say they're going to switch to Mac". It says: 5% of Avast customers (all Windows) plan to buy an iPad. 2% plan to buy a Mac.

• Reply 63 of 66
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    The media is picking up on this LATimes article suggesting the Kindle will outsell the iPad mini 2:1

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-kindle-fire-hd-ipad-mini-20121115,0,5727963.story
  • Reply 64 of 66
    sipsip Posts: 210member

Come on, Apple, get the iPad mini 3G/LTE+WiFi models in store already. Can't wait to get one and bring it home as an upgrade to my original iPad, which is now stuck on iOS 5.1.1

• Reply 65 of 66
    A bit weird to be called a miser for picking the one with the better screen.

Apple can be accused of being a little bit miserly with that Mini screen.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    sipsip Posts: 210member

Quote:

"Key suppliers into iPhone and iPad noted above seasonal March quarter order trends, stronger than expected December quarter revenue, and the potential to further upside before year-end," Huberty wrote.

Would someone please translate this?

I have read the article and I know there is an interpretation of it there, but that sentence just about had me ROFL.