Investors advised to buy Apple stock after 'insanely insane' selloff

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    [B]wonder who was shorting the stock?[/B]
  • Reply 22 of 55

I wonder if island hermit bought put options..... would have been a bad move today!

• Reply 23 of 55
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Stock up almost 6% today. What fundamentally change at Apple between today and the past few weeks. Nothing. That's why, even though I'm in it I think the stock market is a joke.
  • Reply 24 of 55
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by beakernx01 View Post

I think Apple TV is not likely to be the big game changer every thinks. Unfortunately, this is not due to Apple's lack of creativity or talent, it's that there are so many players who don't want to play nice with Apple. The music industry signed onto iTunes very reluctantly and slowly. TV and film studios will be much slower.

Where I think the real opportunity is going to be, is mobile, but not in handheld. I'm thinking CARS! Forget dongles and bluetooth, just put the iOS in the car. You've got everything from the cloud now - music, podcasts, internet radio, navigation, phone, text, contacts, calendar, email, Facebook, all integrated in the car with Siri voice control. You don't even need your iPhone in the car.

I agree that it won't be a big deal for Apple, but for a different reason.  People don't buy new TVs often enough, that's what I think will be the problem.

• Reply 25 of 55
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    its not about what they are doing. its about what will drive growth in the future. Apple TV is starting to feel distant and how many more ipad variations can they really do ?
    Apple Fan and Stock Holder
    But doesn't this apply to other tech companies as well? I mean how much bigger can Android phones really get? And customers certainly don't seem to be eager to upgrade to the umpteen variations of Windows 8 PC's.
  • Reply 26 of 55

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Stock up almost 6% today. What fundamentally change at Apple between today and the past few weeks.

This article, saying "buy".

That's why, even though I'm in it I think the stock market is a joke.

Apple's a long haul stock. Always has been. Dick can attest to that, I'm sure.

• Reply 27 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I wonder if island hermit bought put options..... would have been a bad move today!

... and I thought you knew me.

Taking me serious on that other post.

Anan, Anan...

(ask Solipsism if he thought I was serious)

By the way... there could still be another week or two of sell off

• Reply 28 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

... and I thought you knew me.

Taking me serious on that other post.

Anan, Anan...

(ask Solipsism if he thought I was serious)

By the way... there could still be another week or two of sell off

• Reply 29 of 55
    I see it as post-Jobs fear... The iPhone 5 is likely the last product directed by Jobs, and investors who were comfortable under that spell are uncomfortable now. Despite all the sophisticated analysis involved in stock market trading, the market's behavior is dominated by primitive emotion.
  • Reply 30 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSince86 View Post

I see it as post-Jobs fear... The iPhone 5 is likely the last product directed by Jobs, and investors who were comfortable under that spell are uncomfortable now. Despite all the sophisticated analysis involved in stock market trading, the market's behavior is dominated by primitive emotion.

Must have been a very slow-developing fear....

• Reply 31 of 55

THE MACD just crossed up this morning on the 30 point uptick, classic signal of major uncoiling. The last time this happened the stock whent up over 90 points from 560 to 750 from august thru September. Here is a sign of a potential 15-20% profit? myself I'm going to wait until next week to see if the MACD uptick is for real

• Reply 32 of 55
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Why is AAPL showing $628 at the top of this page?

It's only ~$557...

Tallest Skil wrote;

Quote:

See, you're listening to AI for your stock advice, which is a ludicrously bad idea since the thing has been broken for months.

Okay. I had not noticed.

So AI is trying to manipulate the stock price?

• Reply 33 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

THE MACD just crossed up this morning on the 30 point uptick, classic signal of major uncoiling. 

A 'classic signal'? Really? According to whom? Why? Any cites or empirical evidence you can point to, or is it a wild guess?

• Reply 34 of 55
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I think may be the iHaters are having an effect. The constant drone of talking points in which Apple only makes overpriced, behind-the-curve hardware is everywhere. The myth that only stupid people buy Apple products is reinforced ad nausea by trolls on every web site there is. The notion that Apple no longer innovates is another myth put forward by none other than a self-proclaimed "Apple Fan and Stock Holder" in this very thread. "Steve is gone so Apple is doomed" could be a self-fulfilling prophesy of the so-called fans who now announce their Apple street credentials (listing how long they have been an Apple user and how many products they own) only to go on and trash the company relentlessly. This FUD eventually accumulates and starts to look like the truth. Contrary to the old saying, if you tell a lie often enough people WILL begin to believe it. Finally the abject refusal to acknowledge Apple's contribution to any market or tech sector is very common among the jerk pundits and iHater crowd. I see it personally in my own home when some of my son's friends visit. They spout the most outrageous crap about Apple and apparently believe it heart and soul.
  • Reply 35 of 55
    "It would not resolve the lack of innovation coming out of the iPhone division. We need to see a bright future for iPhone growth or replacement/alternative . What will Apple do to get new iPhone customers, not existing ones. Thinner iphone? Faster iPhone?"

Another misinformed piece, here why

THe iPhone is a mature product the innovation happened when it first came out, there isn't much more that can be done with it, make it thinner, its the slimmset smartphne out there, wtf are you smoking, faster, its already the feates phne on the market again start making sense
  • Reply 36 of 55
    There was absolutely no reason for it to drop to $520's from its all time high. Issues over averting the fiscal "cliff" is just a scape goat.
  • Reply 37 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by haar View Post

wonder who was shorting the stock?

My thoughts exactly. Someone is making $$ hand over fist.

• Reply 38 of 55
    The analyst is good, but he missed the reason why Apple is only doing a 2% dividend yield and not more. The have much of that cash pile off-shore. They are going to pay taxes on it to get it back to the US only to then pay taxes to issue the dividends. If they could bring the cash home at a low to no tax rate they would pay out more in dividends.
  • Reply 39 of 55

I trust their judgement, Apple TV will come out when it's right

• Reply 40 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

There's no bigger herd of sheep than investors.

Wealthy sheep.