Investors advised to buy Apple stock after 'insanely insane' selloff

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Why is AAPL showing $628 at the top of this page?

It's only ~$557...

Tallest Skil wrote;

Okay. I had not noticed.

So AI is trying to manipulate the stock price?

I've reported this bug several times in the past few weeks. Still not fixed? Sigh...

• Reply 42 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilly View Post

I trust their judgement, Apple TV will come out when it's right

I presume you mean the Television? Which seems like it's going to called iTV. I'm sure Apple is negotiating with iTV as we speak, to give them $10-20 for every iTV sold in the UK, or something.

• Reply 43 of 55
    noelosnoelos Posts: 127member
    ireland wrote: »
    Wealthy sheep.

Some, but a lot of 'em get fleeced.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I presume you mean the Television? Which seems like it's going to called iTV. I'm sure Apple is negotiating with iTV as we speak, to give them $10-20 for every iTV sold in the UK, or something.

iTV owns the trademark worldwide. I really don't see that happening, and it doesn't have to be called iTV anyway. As for Apple, they hate things like perpetual licensing fees that chip away at margins.

• Reply 45 of 55
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Fucking finally. It was obvious this was stock manipulation at it's worst, and it's clear some people are going to make a ton of money. Unfortunately, many people also got royally screwed over. I wish I had the $$ to buy more stock at it's lowest point, and even now, but I do not. I see it climbing back to $700 fairly quickly. 

• Reply 46 of 55
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Fucking finally. It was obvious this was stock manipulation at it's worst, and it's clear some people are going to make a ton of money. Unfortunately, many people also got royally screwed over. I wish I had the $$ to buy more stock at it's lowest point, and even now, but I do not. I see it climbing back to $700 fairly quickly. 

But it will climb back to 700 and beyond, the only people that got screwed were the ones that bought high and in a panic sold during the downswing.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Apple is going up higher from here. I believe $505 was the short-term bottom. I see it hitting $600 or higher by Xmas.

$700 is gonna happen again next year. I doubt we will hit it again anytime soon.

Some investors will try to unload Apple into this rally. This will keep Apple from appreciating too much short-term.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member
    ireland wrote: »
    chris_ca wrote: »
    Why is AAPL showing $628 at the top of this page?

LL

It's only ~$557...

Tallest Skil wrote;

Okay. I had not noticed.
    So AI is trying to manipulate the stock price?

I've reported this bug several times in the past few weeks. Still not fixed? Sigh...

Odd...AI's stock "widget" says 565.73 (+38.05) here; Stocks app on iPhone says 565.73, too (+7.71%). Maybe it's fixed (again)?
  • Reply 49 of 55
    philboogie wrote: »
    Strange. Would be good advice when the stock was 530, but not right now at 630. Oh well, the world investors live in...

See, you're listening to AI for your stock advice, which is a ludicrously bad idea since the thing has been broken for months.

Apple is at 550, up 25 already today.

Wow. Is that difficult to repair?

jonlien wrote: »
    Apple is going up higher from here. I believe $505 was the short-term bottom. I see it hitting $600 or higher by Xmas.

$700 is gonna happen again next year. I doubt we will hit it again anytime soon.

Some investors will try to unload Apple into this rally. This will keep Apple from appreciating too much short-term.

Good point!
  • Reply 50 of 55
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexN View Post

Odd...AI's stock "widget" says 565.73 (+38.05) here; Stocks app on iPhone says 565.73, too (+7.71%). Maybe it's fixed (again)?

It seems to be correct on the main AI page -> http://appleinsider.com

but not on the forum pages.

• Reply 51 of 55
    chris_ca wrote: »
    alexn wrote: »
    It seems to be correct on the main AI page -> http://appleinsider.com

LL

but not on the forum pages.

LL

That's even odder, because I was quoting from the top of this page (of this thread). I'm using Safari on an iPad 1/4.3.3 in Oz, if that's any use. Scratches head in puzzlement...
  • Reply 52 of 55
    I just went back to the ~/newposts page and refreshed it: the old 628 number appeared while the page was loading, but was replaced with the current 500s number once loading had finished. [Edit: same thing happened when I originally posted this comment.] Scratches head again, hair falls out...
  • Reply 53 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

A 'classic signal'? Really? According to whom? Why? Any cites or empirical evidence you can point to, or is it a wild guess?

I always thought an upward crossover in MACD signaled good things. No?

(Classic, I'm not sure)

• Reply 54 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I always thought an upward crossover in MACD signaled good things. No?

No. At least, not based on empirical evidence. Surmise? Maybe.

• Reply 55 of 55

That analyst probably wants to unload some of his stock.  

Apple's stock is going to have some headwinds, lots of people and funds are looking to take profits.  This is why you have to look beyond attachment to a company, beyond fundamentals, and sometimes just take a look at good 'ol technical indicators and trading patterns.  

BTW, I made a pretty sweet trade on RIM Thursday on the TSX, and I got in late too (was sleeping in lol)...  6% profit in half a trading day...  RIM still sucks, but their valuation still entices enough investors...