Drop in Apple stock blamed on anticipated capital gains tax hike [u]

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 134
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    How do you know this?!

I'm just going by my experience, everyone I know that has a Android phone also has a iPod Touch and many even a iPad. Is it true in great numbers? That I don't know but it's probably more than you'd guess . Oh and every wife or girlfriend of every Android owning guy I know has a iPhone.
  • Reply 122 of 134
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I'm just going by my experience, everyone I know that has a Android phone also has a iPod Touch and many even a iPad. Is it true in great numbers? That I don't know but it's probably more than you'd guess . Oh and every wife or girlfriend of every Android owning guy I know has a iPhone.

Don't assume that your experience mirrors others, or the "vast majority" as you say.
  • Reply 123 of 134
    jfanning wrote: »
    Don't assume that your experience mirrors others, or the "vast majority" as you say.

All I said was that I'd bet that fact not that I knew it.
  • Reply 124 of 134

Why would they have a iPod touch and android phone. When they can have a iPhone which is IPod and a phone at cheaper price than both. ( Even if the android is higher value) they would be better off.

Why would they even try comparing iPod touch to android espicially if different model dates.
  • Reply 125 of 134
    Why would they have a iPod touch and android phone. When they can have a iPhone which is IPod and a phone at cheaper price than both. ( Even if the android is higher value) they would be better off.
    Why would they even try comparing iPod touch to android espicially if different model dates.

The answer to that question eludes me.
  • Reply 126 of 134

I have read some ridiculous crap on this website before, but this may take the cake.

Apple stock has imploded as a percentage versus the rest of the S&P500.  A change in capital gains rates should affect all stock equally.

This is really just humiliatingly stupid.

I am a tax attorney, btw, so unlike most of my posts, I am somewhat qualified to comment here.

• Reply 127 of 134

ok, all I can say is, watch what you bet on
  • Reply 128 of 134
    ok, all I can say is, watch what you bet on

Well I'd bet the farm that most Android owners have owned at least one type of iPod.
  • Reply 129 of 134
    Well I'd bet the farm that most Android owners have owned at least one type of iPod.

Wow, you are an AI pro, you have clicked that you are wrong, so now are changing your argument to fit. Good job! While you are at it, why don't you bet that all Android users have probably had water to drink in their lives as well.
  • Reply 130 of 134
    Wow, you are an AI pro, you have clicked that you are wrong, so now are changing your argument to fit. Good job! While you are at it, why don't you bet that all Android users have probably had water to drink in their lives as well.

Lol, I'm just trying to disspell the myth that Android owners (in the US at least) don't know what they're missing out on. Many chose Android while being aware of Apple's build quality and vibrant ecosystem, they simply chose what they thought was a better fit for them, and had nothing to do with a hatred for Apple.
  • Reply 131 of 134

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Many chose Android while being aware of Apple's build quality and vibrant ecosystem, they simply chose what they thought was a better fit for them…

Proving once again that people don't know what they want until you show it to them.

• Reply 132 of 134

Although we don't have any real certainty as to just how high taxes will go, it is clear they will be higher.  In addition, I haven't seen anyone write about the additional 3.8% ObamaCare Tax on capital gains (on sale of stocks, homes, etc.) for couples/families earning over $250K (Individual=$200K) come 2013.  Anyone whom has a significant holding/gains in AAPL would be foolhardy to not AT LEAST factor in such calculations when it comes to selling this year   ESPECIALLY if they have held it for more than 365 days.  MOI?  I'm holding my shares..and my breath....:)

• Reply 133 of 134
    Proving once again that people don't know what they want until you show it to them.

Just like the Matrix not everyone will accept the program.
  • Reply 134 of 134

ARE U SERIOUS? Still using the same old excuse that people are not familiar with Apple so they're buying Android? Stop using the same ol cliche' that people are uninformed about Apple and don't know what they want!!  Maybe the leaders in the mobile market are getting stagnant and losing market share at a pretty rapid rate for a good reason. Turn it around all you want, but making little baby upgrades seem significant is not cutting much anymore.  And the the whole "App Numbers Strategy" is gone. Sorry, you're still playing the same old hand. BORING!!!