Apple's iPhone grows to 5.5% share of all mobile phone sales

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Apple is on the cusp of breaking the China market wide open. When that happens it will put a big upward kink in the Apple chart. They better be able to make more phones!

News out of China today is that Android is taking 90% of the current smartphone sales, up from under 60% a year ago. And that's supposedly "official" Android and doesn't count the knock-off's. Apple iOS in comparison has dropped a bit, going from a tad over 6% down to currently 4.2%.

http://data.eguan.cn/yidonghulian_147283.html

Of course Android really can't get much higher share in China so it's all downhill from here.

• Reply 42 of 51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

How many people do you think actually knows any of this is even happening?

Given that every single thing that Apple does and doesn't do is in the news, everyone intelligent enough to understand spoken communication.

Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

I guess you're referring to the US case, not to all the other cases 

The sky isn't a different color when you go somewhere else. I'll ask you, too; Are you of the belief that Samsung did not copy Apple?

Makes me wonder if you've ever been somewhere else. The sky sure is a deeper blue in the middle of the pacific, and a deeper black at night.

The sky is yellow or brown in Europe when there are sandstorms over the Sahara or when you're in the industrial cities in China.

• Reply 43 of 51

Originally Posted by Taniwha View Post

Post debating semantics instead of the point

So you don't believe in objective truth, then?

Also, and so we have it in writing, you don't believe that Samsung copied Apple?

• Reply 44 of 51
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    Absoutely. Mind-boggling. Especially when you consider that Jobs set a goal of just 1% share for its go-ahead. 

Look at the industry disruption it has wrought.... Nokia: gone. Palm: gone. RIM: gone. Sony-Ericsson: non-existent. LG: non-existent. MSFT in phones: non-existent. The list goes on.

Sony has Xperia. It has struggled initially because of 2.3.7 but with Android 4 updates coming around now, it should be much better. But as for market share and profits, yeah, Sony-Ericsson, Nokia, RIM, LG... Bye Bye.

Huawei will probably also surge past Moto to sit a little behind HTC (but could still go further) and Samsung.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    Samsung: permanently <span style="color:rgb(24,24,24);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;">permanently and publicly humiliated, shamed, dishonored, and exposed as the thieves they are</span>
    , eclipsing their ill-gotten "success".

Thanks, Sensi, for the correction. Much less delusional now.

I am growing to like Android (despite being an obvious rip-off) but I still cannot bring myself to buy anything Samsung. Got the Google Nexus 7". Got an Sony Xperia S a few months ago. Nexus nice, Xperia S not so good, but hopefully as it gets Android 4.x it will be better.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Worse. They have lost face.

Hmm... In Asia nowadays that's not as important as cold hard cash. Korean, Taiwanese pop eg. Gangnam (PSY - Korean) is getting quite popular because as Asia takes itself less seriously they'll start to achieve certain things they couldn't before.
  • Reply 47 of 51

Quote:

Post debating semantics instead of the point

Also, and so we have it in writing, you don't believe that Samsung copied Apple?

You, of all people here shouldn't have the nerve to talk about objective truth. 

I've got a tip for you. If you can crawl out of the gutter for long enough you should patent batshit-crazy comments on a forum.

Who said anything about Samsung ? I just made the sarcastic comment that you don't know too much about the color of the sky.

• Reply 48 of 51

You, of all people here shouldn't have the nerve to talk about objective truth. 

I've got a tip for you. If you can crawl out of the gutter for long enough you should patent batshit-crazy comments on a forum.

Who said anything about Samsung ? I just made the sarcastic comment that you don't know too much about the color of the sky.

Please continue to prove that you cannot answer simple questions, choosing instead to avoid them by insulting others, against our rules.

• Reply 49 of 51
    Can someone tell me why my last post got deleted and which reason explain that my five years old account got banned? Is it because I stated that I didn't think that Samsung copied Apple? Because I spoke of the LG Prada? Or is it 'moderator' Tallest Skil who couldn't stand my perfectly civil and argued answer to his very own question? Please do enlighten me, right now I am somewhat surprised by this ban without notice.
  • Reply 50 of 51

Quote:

You just need to visit Apple's UK website to find out the answer image.

• Reply 51 of 51
    Not bad for a company that became successful after ripping off the LG Prada and then suing Samsung for it.

Yep, the iPhone is a copy of the LG Prada. Google it. From the design to even the OS. There are screenshots proving it.

http://thelyingchannel.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-iphone-5-huge-disappointment.html