Best Buy knocks $50 off 3rd-generation WiFi iPads and throws in free $75 gift card

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
In the lead up to Black Friday, Best Buy has dropped the price on 32GB and 64GB 3rd-generation WiFi iPads with Retina Display, and is also throwing in a free $75 Best Buy gift card with each purchase.

Best Buy

As of press time, Best Buy had only White 32GB ($549.99) models and Black 64GB models ($649.99) remaining. In addition to the $50 price drop and $75 Best Buy gift card, each order ships free.

Although Best Buy's iPad overview page for the 32GB Black WiFi iPad 3 indicates it is sold out, the specific product page for that model still allows your to add it to your shopping cart and says orders will leave the warehouse in 1-2 business days.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    This is awesome! Thanks Apple - I love it when my Apple tech depreciates so fast. Its why I spend so much money on it!
  • Reply 2 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Ward View Post

This is awesome! Thanks Apple - I love it when my Apple tech depreciates so fast. Its why I spend so much money on it!

So you buy Apple Tech because it's expensive? Besides... where did Apple cut down their prices on their stores? I see... 13 and parents with money? 

• Reply 3 of 9
    brian ward wrote: »

I have an iPad 3 and don't see it that way at all. I look at this way, it gives me the chance to buy an iPad 3 for my oldest son who has terrible eyesight, for close to the price of an iPad 2. It's a win as far as I am concerned. Besides, what does an iPad 4 offer me that I can't do with an iPad 3? Nothing, and if/when it starts to feel slow, I can pass it down to the wife. ;-P
  • Reply 4 of 9

That's fine, just don't whine about something you don't understand.

• Reply 5 of 9
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Ignorant much?

No other gadgets out there holds their value as good as Apple's devices.

I Paid $599 for my 32 GB iPad 3 when it first came out, and in this Best Buy Black Friday sale, the iPad 3 is still going for $549 (32GB), with a $75 gift card! iPad 3's are holding their value pretty damn good. All iPads, no matter which models on the used market fetch very nice prices. People go apeshit for iPads, even the used models.

Maybe you should go buy an Android tablet instead. Go pay $500, and see if you can get $99 for it afterwards. Based on your rather strange and pathetic reaction towards the amazing ability of Apple's devices to retain a very good value, you'd be crying like a little whiny girl, had you bought anything else.

And even though Apple's products have an exceptional ability to retain their value, even years afterwards, that shouldn't be the main reason which motivates somebody to buy a tech device. If you're purely interested in value and things that don't depreciate after time, then go buy some precious metals or something, or even better, go buy some AAPL!

• Reply 6 of 9
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Frankly, I'd buy a refurbished iPad from Apple before I bought a new one from Best Buy. A 32GB refurbished iPad w/retina is going for $469. These deals are much better than most refurbished products I've seen at the Apple store and they are shipped in like new packaging, and of course qualify for the same 3-year ApleCare that new products do. Something goes wrong, Apple replaces it. Besides, it arguably only has a practical three year lifespan anyway. Why would anybody pay retail?
  • Reply 7 of 9

refurb iPads (2's) from the Apple Store...

we have purchased more than a dozen - mostly 16G WiFi only - apart from the label on the box you wouldn't know it. Not a single mark anywhere - and they have new batteries installed. They ALL looked absolutely brand new - and at a good saving over a real new one.

• Reply 8 of 9

Quote:

I still love my iPad 3.  I bought it knowing there would eventually be an iPad 4...and a 5...and so on.  

Such an entitled society we live in.  It makes me worry about the future my kids will be part of.

• Reply 9 of 9
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I still love my iPad 3.  I bought it knowing there would eventually be an iPad 4...and a 5...and so on.  

Such an entitled society we live in.  It makes me worry about the future my kids will be part of.

Yep, fine with my 3 and very glad to see continuing progress so when I do decide it's performance has relatively slipped due to Apple's ongoing improvements I'll be able to replace it with another amazing device nice and ahead of the 3 and the 4 is a good step in that direction.