This apple id has restored to too many devices in the last 90 days - seriously?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

When restoring my backup from iCloud - to my new iPad Mini - I get this message "this apple id has restored to too many devices in the last 90 days".  

Since September:

- we upgraded 4 iPhone 4/4S to iPhone 5's

- replaced 2 iPad 3's with two new iPad Mini's.    

- had to replace 2 of the iPhone 5's that were defective image, troubleshooting each of these iPhones - they were wiped and restored from iCloud backup.

- now I'm in the process of replacing 2 more iPad's with mini's w/cellular ... has resulted in a very offensive message from iTunes - that "this apple id has restored to too many devices in the last 90 days".  

So 10+ restores are too many with 8 devices that were all upgraded within 2 months  ...image Apple does not want us to continue to purchase and upgrade our Apple products?   

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2

They already got your money, and they know you're not going to change ecosystems...  

• Reply 2 of 2

Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post

They already got your money, and they know you're not going to change ecosystems...  

What in the world does this have to do with anything?

Your Apple ID is limited to 10 iDevices*. You might have to call Apple or just disassociate your old devices from the account.

*This is the least fortunate thing I've read in a good long while. I mean what the heck. This is an 'Apple down the tubes' thing.