Skip the wait for an iPad mini, full lineup now shipping from Apple authorized resellers

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Shoppers still in the market for an iPad mini WiFi or iPad mini WiFi + Cellular can skip the two week wait from Apple's online store when ordering from the company's partner retailers, one of which says it's ready to ship all iPad mini configurations to customers this week.

iPad mini

iPad mini

Our iPad Price Guide shows three Apple Authorized Resellers with stock of various iPad mini models. And while, Target and Wal-Mart each have a select few, MacMall tells us they have almost every model in stock and ready to ship (see chart above), with the exception of the 16GB WiFi models which will begin shipping to customers sometime during the week. The reseller isn't carrying the Sprint versions of the tablet, however. Customers looking for immediate shipments of Sprint iPad minis can turn to Target, which currently has every Sprint model in stock except the White 16GB model.

We'll be providing updates on iPad mini availability on our Backpage (RSS) throughout the holiday shopping season, or until supply catches up with demand.

Meanwhile, MacMall also continues to discount the new iPad with Retina display by up to $35, while also offering AppleInsider readers the lowest prices on most of Apple's MacBook family when you activate the coupon field on its product pages by using the links in our Mac Price Guide (also below), pasting in coupon code APPINSDRMWB35722, and clicking "Apply."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    Or just go to an Apple Store. Most of them have plenty in stock.

Aside from that, this total SPAM ad for someone that cuts you into the profit they get is just tacky.
  • Reply 2 of 38
    Everyone on my Xmas list is getting an apple device. No more troubleshooting my mom's blackberry!
  • Reply 3 of 38
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    This will be the last time I pre-order from Apple. My LTE Mini is still listed as shipping "late November". I pre-ordered in the first 20 minutes too. :grumble:
  • Reply 4 of 38
    patsupatsu Posts: 430member

I got my pre-ordered LTE Retina iPad last Thursday. 

After comparing with my iPad mini, I decided to return the Retina and get another LTE mini instead. With a dataplan, the mini's (much) lighter weight and lower screen resolution (lower bandwidth consumption) is more useful than a Retina display. It's the same reason I bought a MacBook Air instead of a MacBook Retina.

• Reply 5 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Aside from that, this total SPAM ad for someone that cuts you into the profit they get is just tacky.

Get used to it. They play that game a lot around here.

• Reply 6 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

This will be the last time I pre-order from Apple. My LTE Mini is still listed as shipping "late November". I pre-ordered in the first 20 minutes too. image

Never pre-order. It has been proven time and again (for me) that simply going to the Apple Stores will get you whatever you want much quicker.

• Reply 7 of 38
    patsupatsu Posts: 430member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Never pre-order. It has been proven time and again (for me) that simply going to the Apple Stores will get you whatever you want much quicker.

All my pre-orders arrived on-time or before the units went on sale in Apple Store.

• Reply 8 of 38
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    patsu wrote: »
    With a dataplan, the mini's (much) lighter weight and lower screen resolution (lower bandwidth consumption) is more useful than a Retina display. It's the same reason I bought a MacBook Air instead of a MacBook Retina.

Youn are wrong on so many levels.. Don't even know where to start...
  • Reply 9 of 38
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    or, more accurately,

Macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall iPad mini WiFi macmall iPad mini WiFi + Cellular macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall Apple's macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall's macmall macmall, macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall iPad mini macmall macmall macmall macmall macmall .

[SIZE=2]edit: macmall[/SIZE]
  • Reply 10 of 38
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Exactly.  This place is turning into another CultofMac lately with all the "deals" and coupons and other shite.  

• Reply 11 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsu View Post

All my pre-orders arrived on-time or before the units went on sale in Apple Store.

I guess "your mileage may vary" is the key phrase here... I've always found the opposite to be true.

• Reply 12 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Youn are wrong on so many levels.. Don't even know where to start...

I think what you really mean here is, "I disagree."  

If you can't bother to put up an argument as to why this opinion isn't actually valid, then just don't say anything at all.  

• Reply 13 of 38
    patsu wrote: »
    With a dataplan, the mini's (much) lighter weight and lower screen resolution (lower bandwidth consumption) is more useful than a Retina display. It's the same reason I bought a MacBook Air instead of a MacBook Retina.

Just for the record, screen resolution and weight have no correlation to data usage.
  • Reply 14 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Exactly.  This place is turning into another CultofMac lately with all the "deals" and coupons and other shite.  

I have no problem with the site owners wanting to make a living and make sure everyone gets paid... just stop trying to disguise compensated advertising as a "story" or "news".

• Reply 15 of 38

Quote:

This depends almost completely on where you live but overall I think you are wrong on this one.  

I always pre-order and nine times out of ten I get it the same day as anyone going the retail route.  

Also, I don't have to stand in line like a loser at 5:30 in the morning waiting for the store to open.  

• Reply 16 of 38

Quote:

I have no problem with the site owners wanting to make a living and make sure everyone gets paid... just stop trying to disguise compensated advertising as a "story" or "news".

I would agree for the most part.  

If you want to see this sort of thing done to a really shameful extreme, CultofMac does the exact thing you are talking about, and they do it all day every day for multiple "articles."  

Most of their "reviews" are basically about some piece of swag that they asked a company for simply because they want it, and then they post a glowing "review" that's like a picture and fifteen words.  

• Reply 17 of 38
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsu View Post

Just for the record, screen resolution and weight have no correlation to data usage.

Actually, the screen resolution can add to greater data usage because many sites are sending higher resolution images when they detect the screen size that the browser sends.

• Reply 18 of 38
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Quote:

This depends almost completely on where you live but overall I think you are wrong on this one.  

I always pre-order and nine times out of ten I get it the same day as anyone going the retail route.  

Also, I don't have to stand in line like a loser at 5:30 in the morning waiting for the store to open.  

I always pre-order also and have never missed a delivery date yet. It also depends what your schedule is like. I get mine delivered to my office but not everyone can do that and FedEx isn't going to leave it on a door step if no one is home to sign for it.

But for Samsung products they will..

• Reply 19 of 38

Got Leopard at 9 in the morning on launch day. Going to an Apple Store, I would have had to wait until 7 PM when it was officially released.

• Reply 20 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Got Leopard at 9 in the morning on launch day. Going to an Apple Store, I would have had to wait until 7 PM when it was officially released.

As I say... "your mileage may vary". ;)