Apple's redesigned iMacs will go on sale this Friday

Comments

• Reply 101 of 121

Can't wait to unfuse the Fusion drive...

• Reply 102 of 121

Originally Posted by Odysseus1923 View Post

Can't wait to unfuse the Fusion drive...

Desiring worse performance?

• Reply 103 of 121
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

And of course the famous "I can't upgrade an iMac" cry-me-a-river story. Like they don't know how to use bathroom-shower suction cups and an extra five minutes to crack open an iMac, after preaching how technically inclined they are by building their own rigs at 1/3 the cost... *rolls eyes*

I've cracked open my iMac simply out of curiosity. It's a no-brainer. Have never had the need to upgrade anything on it.

So you know for certain that the (very) late 2012 iMac 21.5" will have RAM that isn't soldered onto the motherboard and can be easily accessed with a couple of suction cups.

And you are perfectly happy to pay Apple's exorbitant RAM upgrade prices.

Bully for you.

• Reply 104 of 121

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

What would you do?  Keep selling the old one knowing the new one is right around the corner and prepare for everyone to return their old "new" iMac??  I'm cutting Apple some slack on this.  They were in a position of being criticized regardless of what they do.

You mean like the iPad 3 that they kept on selling knowing that the new one was right around the corner.

• Reply 105 of 121

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Why are people so worked up about Apple not selling iMacs for the past month or so? What does it matter to you? How does it personally affect you?

I've had to do all my home computing on my crummy iPad after selling my 2009 iMac the week before the announcement image

• Reply 106 of 121
    wizard69 wrote: »
    As to the Mini where have you been?    They castrated the latest release even more than int he past by deleting the GPU option.

Good point. I forgot about that integrated GPU as I don't see any delay with the Intel HD 3000 in my Mini. It's probably gamers who see the limitation of an iGPU, but I haven't heard or read anything on that.
    wizard69 wrote: »
    What you don't understand is that people are disappointed with Apple ability to meet their desktop needs with a three product lineup.   In other words all Apple has to do is up date three machines in a responsible way serving their customers needs.   They have demonstrated clearly that they can't even do that with only three models to be concerned with.    If you don't see a problem with the way Apple has handled their desktop machines over the last 2-3 years then frankly you have low expectations or are extremely submissive.

I think Apple can indeed a) listen to their customers and b) sometimes meet those whishes from them. They didn't have 3 desktop models back in the day (sorry for the low-res):

• Reply 107 of 121
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    Too little too late.
  • Reply 108 of 121

Quote:

Originally Posted by philipm View Post

If you can find one. I bought my 27" from a dealer just after a speed bump and it was a great deal.

I'm hoping to find a decent refurbed on the Apple site or an independent reseller wanting to clear stock.

• Reply 109 of 121
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    Will these be available in EU. I need one in my office today!
  • Reply 110 of 121
    jume wrote: »
    Will these be available in EU. I need one in my office today!

Don't think they'll come with a mandated USB charger¡
  • Reply 111 of 121

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

I've had to do all my home computing on my crummy iPad after selling my 2009 iMac the week before the announcement image

Tax-Wise I need to have office equipment purchased and installed to write off the purchase in 2012 ---- I am running out of time .... and a 27" iMac will now not work for my budget.  

I tried to buy the last iMac model about a month ago and they were all sold out - as are all the refurbished units.  Having no iMacs for Black Friday or Cyber Monday cannot be seen as anything other than the total screw-up that it was.

• Reply 112 of 121

It's Friday for me... just before 5:00 am.  

Apple's Japan store page hasn't been updated yet and isn't down.  I was hoping to be able to start checking configuration prices...

Back to sleep I guess.

They might be trying to time the release around the world like they did with the iPad mini but that would be new for an iMac.

• Reply 113 of 121
    Well it's Friday the 30th here in Aus and no new iMac. Apple have 9.5 hours to meet their deadline.
  • Reply 114 of 121

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Well it's Friday the 30th here in Aus and no new iMac. Apple have 9.5 hours to meet their deadline.

Why would you imagine they'd do it at any time other than 9AM PST?

• Reply 115 of 121

Just saw a 21" iMac at my local shop (in Japan).  It is sweet!  It's right next to last year's 27" and the difference in the displays is stark.

Can't order yet, though...

• Reply 116 of 121
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Just saw a 21" iMac at my local shop (in Japan).  It is sweet!  It's right next to last year's 27" and the difference in the displays is stark.

Can't order yet, though...

This is one device I want to see unboxed.
  • Reply 117 of 121

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

This is one device I want to see unboxed.

I'm looking forward to unboxing mine once the 27s come out!

• Reply 118 of 121

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why would you imagine they'd do it at any time other than 9AM PST?

Because I think they have done that in the past.  With the iPads and iPhones recently things have tightened to a (closer) global same time thingy.  The iPad mini went on sale at 4:00pm here in Japan, so 1:00 am EST?

Now it seems to be Macs as well.  Japan still has no order option, but you can buy the machine in the reseller (they can't even order).

I'm checking every hour...

• Reply 119 of 121

Everything is LIVE!

• Reply 120 of 121

Make your new iMac even better with this integrated iPhone dock! :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ocdesk/iphone-dock-for-imac-and-apple-displays-the-ocdock?ref=category