iTunes duplication

amyamy
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all - hope you can help -

I have iTUnes v1.1 running (limping, in this case) on a G3 PowerMac 233MHz160MbRAM4gHD - OS 9.1

Ever since I doubleclicked on an audio CD icon on the desktop and got the dialog box that asked if I wanted iTunes as my default player (I said yes) - every time i put in an audio CD it makes a new (and empty) iTunes Window. Any songs I want to import go into the new library. THe original library still exists - my applications folder just now contains two iTunes Folders with the expected array of content folders and files.

The alias on my apple menu changes it's pointer to the new folder every time, as well.

I have tried trashing the extra folder, but it keeps returning!

The original is now being persnickity about importing songs - some stuff it likes, some it doesn't.

I cannot find a 'turn default off' button anywhere and I have looked hard - where did it go?

Should I toss the whole thing and reinstall?

I welcome all ideas - thank you!

Amy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I'd say trash your old iTunes and get iTunes 2, first. As I said in the other thread, it will install on 9.1:

from the <a href="http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/"; target="_blank">iTunes download page</a> [quote]System software. Mac OS X version requires Mac OS X v10.1 or later (with Mac OS X v10.1 Security Update installed). Mac OS 9 version requires Mac OS 9.0.4; Mac OS 9.2.1 or later is recommended. Audio CD burning in Mac OS 9 requires Mac OS 9.1 or later.<hr></blockquote>I'd also check the preferences folder (in the System Folder) for anything related to iTunes. You may want to trash them so your new iTunes installation starts with a new set of prefs. Also, you may want to delete any "iTunes Music Library" or "iTunes Temp" files that you can find. You'll have to rebuild your library, though.

Post back with your results...

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    amyamy Posts: 4member
    Reporting SUCCESS! Thank you for your help. iTunes 2.0.3 installed and running fine, so far, with nothing weird going on.

Amy