Anyway around VirtualPC limitation?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have Virtual PC 2.1 and I don't want to buy an upgrade. This old version does not support USB. I have Word 97 for Windows on VPC but I can't print because I am now using my Cube and a USB printer. Since this is a resume I have to know that the output is exactly right. Is there somekind of software thing that could somehow pretend I have an old ADB printer and then somehow convert this to USB to print it. I know there is icWord which would let me see the Word file but when I print it I don't know if I could be sure it's exactly correct.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    i think you might have to plunk down the money for a new version.

What is a good deal is just get vpc with linux or just dos. its cheaper and you can still use your current pc image.

that or you can try carracho.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    There's another emulator called Bochs that may or may not support USB. I can't remember the website for it, just do a search on versiontracker.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    AppleWorks 6.2 has Word translators also.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    what about saving the word file as a PDF? does word 97 support that? Also if you have word for the mac all the formatting should be the same also.. you dont even have to save it differently, just treat it like any other PC word file... or you could just floppy (or whatever) it over to a real PC...