Toast in Classic and OS X

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

I really do not understand...

I'm running Toast 5.0.2 in Classic, it regonizes my burner, I'm also running Toast 5.1.1 in OS X, nothing, it won't find it..

What am I doing wrong??? Can you explain or help please...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    The only thing that I can think of is that once one copy of toast sees the CDRW, the other cant? Can you use the X version when the classic one is not open?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    nope...that's to easy...

sure I tried that already..
  • Reply 3 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    maybe you cant have 2 copys of toast on the same machine... try uninstalling 5.0.3 and see if the 5.1.1 works... (I dont have X or toast, so I am talking out my ass...) Can anyone else reproduce sapi's situation? IE have 5.0.3 and 5.1.1 reconize the same burner on the same X machine?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    So you have Classic launched right?

My case was to scanner.

It maybe applying to your case too.

I have all my scanner extensions in the classic partition.

When Classic is launched Vue Scan X can't detect the scanner but Epson's own driver under Classic works

This maybe the similar to CD writers. I guess you will have to remove all the firewire extensions away from the classic partition. After doing this you should be (I guess) able to run Toast with the burner detected even Classic is launched.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    ok, thanks, I might try that..

but my burner is not recognized by OS X at all,

also iTunes in OS X does not recognize my burner.. do you think this will also be fixed by removing the USB extensions from OS9??

edit: also when not running Classic, Toast won't see my burner...

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: sapi ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>maybe you cant have 2 copys of toast on the same machine... try uninstalling 5.0.3 and see if the 5.1.1 works... (I dont have X or toast, so I am talking out my ass...) Can anyone else reproduce sapi's situation? IE have 5.0.3 and 5.1.1 reconize the same burner on the same X machine?</strong><hr></blockquote>

That isn't it. I still have 5.0.2 installed with my other OS 9 apps and 5.1.1 works for me in OS X.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    help pleassseee?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    which burner do you have?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    It's a Freecom Portable CD-RW 4424 USBÂ*
  • Reply 10 of 10
    and...back on top!