Tim Cook 'ditched' physical keyboards, uses iPad and iPhone 80% of the time

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

No, we have too many illiterate people that don't read, or their auto-correction is working the way it wants to work.

Losely speaking. do you think if we set them lose, we can loose them?

• Reply 22 of 35
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

He's a well known workaholic, and a that person who spends all their time working would do 80% of their typing on an iPad stretches credibility.

CEO's don't need to write essay's, they can write curt, to the point answers.

Read, digest, decide, answer, sometimes one word may be enough.

• Reply 23 of 35
    @robin huber: you can ship it to me :p
  • Reply 24 of 35
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Well, I u my iPad a few hours a day,

It shows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Apple View Post

The aluminum back doesn't bother me either since I always wear a case.

I would love to see that.  I'm boring and wear clothes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

matching his highest costumer demand.

I've heard of an emperor who did that.

Quote:

He's a well known workaholic, and a that person who spends all their time working would do 80% of their typing on an iPad stretches credibility.

You just had to go and try it to see what it would be like - well now you know.

• Reply 25 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

Well of course he would have ditched physical keyboards if he is the CEO of a company which manufactures them, matching his highest costumer demand.

He's not into clothing, he's into computers.

• Reply 26 of 35

He's not into clothing, he's into computers.

See the trouble touchscreen keyboards can cause!

Thankfully you can buy Bluetooth keyboards.
  • Reply 27 of 35

Are you missing some fingers? I'm trying to think of reasons you wouldn't be able to type on an iPad…

• Reply 28 of 35

I find typing to be easy, obviously not as fast as a physical keyboard and dictation is always an option and it isn't too horrible, I tried it out a bit yesterday while talking to a friend on FB.  Seemed to make more mistakes / completely miss words more often but the tradeoff is it's much faster, if I were composing something long it'd be worth the time saved to go back and fix any of its mistakes.  Of course for some situations dictation might be .. not the best choice.

• Reply 29 of 35
  • Reply 30 of 35
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Anyone happen to know if there has ever been a worse physical keyboard than the one Apple provided with the G5 iMac?

• Reply 31 of 35
    That's the first thing I thought as well. He should have been rocking an iPhone 5 months ago.

Maybe he needed the maps to work in NYC.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    I got the ZAGG keyboard when it went on sale cyber Monday but just the other day I had to type something up that I didn't have the keyboard yet (was still in route) and I found no troubles at all typing along with the split keyboard. Started wondering if maybe my desire to have a physical keyboard was really misplaced.

I replaced my laptop a while ago with an iMac iPad combo and have never looked back, for what I do it is actually far better because the battery on the iPad lasts forever.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    He is neither a programmer nor a content producer, so iPad probably works great for him. Hopefully he realizes that is not the case for 100% of all Apple customers.
  • Reply 34 of 35

Hopefully his light use of computers doesn't blind him to the fact that there are those who still use keyboards with computers to actually DO things besides chat.

I can only imagine Cook's communications within Apple:

Quote:

"Yes"

"No"

"if U R sure then itv is go"

"I've do U have teh new designs 4 me"

I know I'm not the only one who hates the semi-literate correspondence imposed by touchscreen keyboards.  Half the time I don't know what the fu[k the other person is even talking about.  

• Reply 35 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Are you missing some fingers? I'm trying to think of reasons you wouldn't be able to type on an iPad…

A need to actually write something longer than a discussion forum post?  Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?