Cook admits love of 'Jetsons,' but little else to NBC about potential Apple television

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    "This is definitive proof that Apple is going to create a robot. If you disagree, you're a complete idiot and have no right to speak your mind."

No, seriously, I got that somewhere else when I questioned an article that said an Apple television was confirmed. :lol:

• Reply 22 of 52
    Great! I want my iRosie! Quick - I should trademark the name so Apple can buy me out for millions!!
  • Reply 23 of 52
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Apple controversy gets hits. Controversy from anyone else, particularly the companies that are actually controversial, doesn't.
    But people make up controversies. And are hypocritical. Like nailing Apple because their products are to difficult to manufacture in one breath and in another saying things like friction stir welding and incredibly tight tolerances are no big deal and other consumer electronics companies have been using those processes for years. Just a week or two ago Apple was granted a patent related to wireless charging. Then I see a bunch of tweets from people having a go at Apple for thinking they invented wireless charging, no doubt the people tweeting this nonsense never actually read through the patent to understand exactly what was granted. And of course the biggest offender of all, claiming the Samsung trial is about "rounded rectangles". I encourage people to search the patent office for Samsung design patents....their you'll see all kinds of patents for "rounded rectangles". Like this one: http://www.google.com/patents/USD636187
  • Reply 24 of 52
    rot'napple wrote: »
    Did Brian Williams actually think he was "journalistic" enough to pry from Tim Cook Apple's plan for the Living Room and the Television? Sorry Brian, you are not as 'great' at your profession as you would like to think you are!

Basically.

A good journalist researches the interviewee and knows things like 'Tim Cook will avoid questions about future plans and products' so as to not look stupid
  • Reply 25 of 52
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    "This is definitive proof that Apple is going to create a robot. If you disagree, you're a complete idiot and have no right to speak your mind."

No, seriously, I got that somewhere else when I questioned an article that said an Apple television was confirmed. :lol:

Rosy?
  • Reply 26 of 52
    mac_128 wrote: »
    Cook doesn't look great in this. Hard to believe he works out everyday and spends his free time in national parks.
    Is he a smoker?

Oh for the love of Steve, can we not start discussing Tim's health etc. they were filming an ambient light with perhaps a small focus light and a couple of kickers. Everyone looks like shit in that kind of setup.
  • Reply 27 of 52

How would Tim double-down on leaks if he's telling Brian Williams what's new from Apple?

• Reply 28 of 52
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

How has everyone missed the obvious: Apple is about to release a FLYING CAR!  

• Reply 29 of 52
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Cook also revealed that he works out to keep stress away, and is in the gym by 5 a.m. every morning.

I bet he started doing it at 8am but then employees were getting in first making out like they were better than him and they had a back and forth until Cook settled on 5am. Once you get to the middle of the night, I can imagine a lot of people giving in. If an employee complains about not getting enough sleep, he's always got the line 'I've been up since before 5am, quit your whining'. Wait until he gets a partner though, there's no way he's getting a good enough sleep to get up at 5am.

Also, who's to say he's working out? It just says he's in the gym. Maybe he just stays in the locker room. If I could sit in the women's locker room at the gym, I'd be in at 5am every day too.

I liked the Jetsons, it had an undertone of sexism sorely missing from modern cartoons:

[VIDEO]

It portrayed simpler times where the man went to work, the women spent all his money on shopping and the kids were fine upstanding members of society - everybody was white and heterosexual too for some reason.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    mac_128 wrote: »
    Cook doesn't look great in this. Hard to believe he works out everyday and spends his free time in national parks.
    Is he a smoker?

If you weren't just doing run-of-the-mill trolling, I'd say you were out of your mind. Tim Cook looks great.

Also: he is so sure of what he and Apple are doing that he can pleasantly fend off Brian Williams' provocative clichés time after time without breaking his expression. Really, "journalism" has become a contemptible exercise in sensation-mongering.

MacObserver has a link to a YouTube copy of 20 minutes of the interview. I guess it's the whole thing.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/rock-centers-tim-cook-interview-appears-on-youtube
  • Reply 31 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

The remote control that the Jetson's used only had two buttons on it. It's pretty sad to spend so much money on plasma and LCD TV and you still can't get a remote that is backlit.

Sure, you can get a remote that is backlit.  Mine has a backlight and the TV isn't even a plasma or LCD TV, it's an older Toshiba rear projection CRT HDTV.  The backlight is a nice blue. 

• Reply 32 of 52

I wonder why they did not ask Tim Cook about the accusations that he steals french fries from other Apple employee's lunch plates in the cafeteria?

The rumors are that it causes more problems than Scott Forstall ever did.  

But the french fries are Made in America.

• Reply 33 of 52

Originally Posted by msimpson View Post

I wonder why they did not ask Tim Cook about the accusations that he steals french fries from other Apple employee's lunch plates in the cafeteria?

Why are you still saying this?

• Reply 34 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shameer Mulji View Post

I always preferred The Flintstones myself.

I'd love to see a limited edition stone iPhone.

• Reply 35 of 52

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

If the show ever had a modern-day revival, it'd be terrible (think what happened to older cartoon franchises in the '80s and early '90s) and would include "pop culture references" to be hip. One of these in a "Flinstones X" would definitely be the throwaway joke "iStone".

Your post just made me think of that.

• Reply 36 of 52
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

Too funny when I Googled that, as well as pretty stupid:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=stone+iPhone&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ML_DUMveLubU4QSk0oAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=644
  • Reply 37 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, seriously, I got that somewhere else when I questioned an article that said an Apple television was confirmed. image

Of course they are creating a robot and they will name it "Sparky".

• Reply 38 of 52

Ha! I had no knowledge of this, your honor.

• Reply 39 of 52
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member

If the show ever had a modern-day revival, it'd be terrible (think what happened to older cartoon franchises in the '80s and early '90s) and would include "pop culture references" to be hip. One of these in a "Flinstones X" would definitely be the throwaway joke "iStone".

Your post just made me think of that.

Not only that - they would now do such a remake in "3D" animation - which most often leaves me (excuse the pun) stone cold.
  • Reply 40 of 52

Originally Posted by AlexN View Post

Not only that - they would now do such a remake in "3D" animation - which most often leaves me (excuse the pun) stone cold.

Nah, doesn't lend itself well to the subject matter. They'd do it in FLASH, like many cartoons are these days.

I refuse to consider anything made in Flash a television show. It's just disgusting and lazy.