I Just Heard Neil Armstrong Died Today

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014

Apparently Neil Armstrong the first man to set foot on the moon has died today while recovering from open heart surgery. He was 82. Rest In Peace Mr. Armstrong! Your place in History has few equals.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/25/13478643-astronaut-neil-armstrong-first-man-to-walk-on-moon-dies-at-age-82?chromedomain=usnews

I was 16 the day they landed and it's a damn shame we've never been back. Maybe with a bit of luck I'll get to see them do that again someday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9

Amen man! it really was a huge leap for mankind!

• Reply 2 of 9

good for you... you were able to see it live from the news and papers... :)

• Reply 3 of 9

I was not yet born when Neil Armstrong went to the moon and I really find it interesting. I thought he already die long before. I was just shocked that he just die recently via yahoo news. He was my idol when I was a child because I want to be astronaut like him.

• Reply 4 of 9
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    fatusmiles wrote: »
    I was not yet born when Neil Armstrong went to the moon and I really find it interesting. I thought he already die long before. I was just shocked that he just die recently via yahoo news. He was my idol when I was a child because I want to be astronaut like him.

We can. SpaceX. 15 years. Mars. RIP Neil Armstrong.
  • Reply 5 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

We can. SpaceX. 15 years. Mars. RIP Neil Armstrong.

15 years? I don't want to go to Mars. There might be real martians in there. lol!

• Reply 6 of 9

15 years? I don't want to go to Mars. There might be real martians in there. lol!

I want to. Most importantly, I wish we can have the first human landing on Mars so that my Dad can watch it. He is 73 now, and part of being a great father, he taught me about space. I hope he can watch it. He's doing well so far for his age.
  • Reply 7 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

I want to. Most importantly, I wish we can have the first human landing on Mars so that my Dad can watch it. He is 73 now, and part of being a great father, he taught me about space. I hope he can watch it. He's doing well so far for his age.

Well, That would be nice for your father if he can see the first human landing on Mars is his son! :)

• Reply 8 of 9
    Well, That would be nice for your father if he can see the first human landing on Mars is his son! :)

Yes that will be absolutely epic.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    sr2012 wrote: »
    Yes that will be absolutely epic.

goodluck to you... :)