Samsung's chief strategy officer admits to using Apple's iPhone, iPad & Mac at home

Comments

• Reply 21 of 61

Originally Posted by bleh1234 View Post

Common sense dictates that he was already in the Apple Ecosystem before being hired by Samsung.

Why? Android is "winning". By sheer numbers, probability says he would have already been using Android.

• Reply 22 of 61
    freshmaker wrote: »
    :lol:  wow

Really? This surprises you?

If those purchases were approved by Samsung as a "research expense" that would be news :)
  • Reply 23 of 61
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post

"If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles."

Sun Tzu

Exactly.  As I posted recently, the iPad Mini exists greatly due to Apple's SVP of Internet Software, who after using a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet, convinced his bosses and Steve Jobs that a 7" tablet is very desirable.  (Mini sales have apparently shown the same thing... and guess who just got promoted as well.)

• Reply 24 of 61
    stelligent wrote: »
    They are? Gates might disagree. Apple ads didn't just mock Windows.

Yep, they mocked the whole city¡

They mocked him personally.

They did? I think he mocked himself by not allowing his own children to use an iPod.
    Jobs used to say Microsoft has no taste and no originality.

That was no advertisement, that was an interview. If you watch it, start to finish, you'll understand there was no marketing pitch involved - he was giving his honest opinion.
  • Reply 25 of 61
    Which ones?

They don't steal ideas from others. Apparently that's not "better" to you.

Swiss clock? Skeumorphic design in iBooks? The trademark for iPhone in various parts of the world? For starters ...
  • Reply 26 of 61

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Swiss clock? Skeumorphic design in iBooks? The trademark for iPhone in various parts of the world? For starters ...

How were these thefts?

• Reply 27 of 61
    How were these thefts?

Compensation after the fact makes them better? Your definition of good is not a high bar, is it? And they've yet to make good on compensating the designers of the iBook "template", afaik.

What's with this sycophancy, anyway? Why can't you be smart like me and enjoy each company and product for their advantages. It's not like you can boost the Apple share price by licking their boots. You don't exist, for them.
  • Reply 28 of 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Of course he does. 

They're used as Samsung prototypes. 

Nice one. :) :)

• Reply 29 of 61

And they've yet to make good on compensating the designers of the iBook "template", afaik.

How was whatever you're talking about here a theft? 

I'll just keep asking it until you answer, I guess.

• Reply 30 of 61
    philboogie wrote: »
    Yep, they mocked the whole city¡
    They did? I think he mocked himself by not allowing his own children to use an iPod.
    That was no advertisement, that was an interview. If you watch it, start to finish, you'll understand there was no marketing pitch involved - he was giving his honest opinion.

You don't see the hypocrisy in your words? You find rosy optics for everything from Apple but you see only Mordor elsewhere. Apple continues to make great computers after the passing of Jobs but I didn't know the reality distortion field has not been discontinued as a product.

Not an ounce of objectivity, people! Really?
  • Reply 31 of 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

This merely proves one thing. Samsung hires smart people.

Smart people?

A smart person would know that the iPhone absolutely destroys the Nexus on every single logical way, by a large margin.

However he says the GN is faster, when it isn't, and has a better screen, when it doesn't.

He's just another stupid fanboy that (despite his position) has no knowledge about both products, even if he has a decent/rational notion of reality.

• Reply 32 of 61
    How was whatever you're talking about here a theft? 

I'll just keep asking it until you answer, I guess.

Why not keep asking about the others too?

As for iBook, I'm using an iPhone right now (see - no android troll here!) and one of its shortcomings is the lack of ease to quickly look something up and paste relevant quotes in an app without that function built in. But it should be easy fir you to look up, if you're interested in learning rather than just trying to defeat logic with obstinacy.

Look, instead of spending energy to defend Apple, just ask yourself why they need u to do this? They are a good company but don't go around treating them like they are "better" than anyone else. That's just sick fanaticism.
  • Reply 33 of 61
    Smart people?

A smart person would know that the iPhone absolutely destroys the Nexus on every single logical way, by a large margin.
    However he says the GN is faster, when it isn't, and has a better screen, when it doesn't.

He's just another stupid fanboy that (despite his position) has no knowledge about both products, even if he has a decent/rational notion of reality.

Every logical way by a large margin .. Unless there was serious sarcasm implied, you win the prize for idiot of the year.
  • Reply 34 of 61

Why not keep asking about the others too?

Okay.

(see - no android troll here!)

I'm sorry, are you honestly of the belief that this matters in any respect, or are you just making fun of the people that do?

and one of its shortcomings is the lack of ease to quickly look something up and paste relevant quotes in an app without that function built in. But it should be easy to look up.

What does what you are saying here have to do with what I asked about earlier?

Look, instead of spending energy to defend Apple, just ask yourself why they need u to do this? That's just sick fanaticism.

Why are you asking me questions when you need to be answering mine? What website do you think you're on? 

I'll defend Apple from idiots and liars. I'll defend anyone from idiots and liars. 

They are a good company but don't go around treating them like they are "better" than anyone else.

Again, their business model isn't based on stealing from others. If you don't consider this to be inherently "better", you don't really fit into society.

• Reply 35 of 61
    I'm sure many others at Samsung are also avid Apple product users. If they want to use the best they have no other choice
  • Reply 36 of 61
    Okay.

I'm sorry, are you honestly of the belief that this matters in any respect, or are you just making fun of the people that do?

What does what you are saying here have to do with what I asked about earlier?

Why are you asking me questions when you need to be answering mine? What website do you think you're on? 

I'll defend Apple from idiots and liars. I'll defend anyone from idiots and liars. 

Again, their business model isn't based on stealing from others. If you don't consider this to be inherently "better", you don't really fit into society.
    Go ahead and believe I'm an idiot and a liar. But I'm concerned you can't see the fanatical fervour in your own words, can you? Get some help. You used to be more rational.

Btw, I note that you're free to use the term idiots but when I use it, you usurp your moderator privileges to sanction me. What hypocrisy.

Apple is not better, not better, not better. :p

But I'm better than you because I don't live and die by defendng a company that doesn't know I exist.
  • Reply 37 of 61

Go ahead and believe I'm an idiot and a liar.

Oh, no; if anything you're misinformed. Can't really call you a liar when you haven't presented any information yet.

• Reply 38 of 61

Hmmm. So since its "okay" for Sohn to use Apple in his daily life; if, make that IF, someone in Apple wants to use anything other than Apple, it's "okay" and won't receive any punitive action? 

• Reply 39 of 61
    This isn't a real "story," just fresh meat for the forums.
  • Reply 40 of 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvigod View Post

I'm sure many others at Samsung are also avid Apple product users. If they want to use the best they have no other choice

That's why Apple is Samsung's #1 customer.