Apple highlights 'Best of 2012' on iTunes, App Store & iBookstore

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday published a list highlighting some of the best content available on its broad array of storefronts, including the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBookstore.

Best Of

The "Best of 2012" rankings include winners in a variety of mediums among multiple categories. Below are a list of the biggest overall winners:

iTunes Store

Best Of

App Store

iBookstore

Podcasts

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    "The Room" as GOTY?!?

Oh, come on ....
  • Reply 2 of 9

Ugh, the Avengers was not the best blockbuster. Batman, Skyfall, and the Hunger Games were all better

Also Jennifer Lawrence was a star before the Hunger Games.

Love the Happy Endings, Wes Anderson, and Beasts of a Southern Wild love though

• Reply 3 of 9
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Paper???? About half the reviews think it is great while the other half rate it as mediocre at best. I don't have it and based on the reviews its unlikely I'll try it.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    "The Weekend" episode of HOMELAND came out in November of 2011.
  • Reply 5 of 9

Ah, the drama… the intrigue… the upset…

It's the Academy Awards in digital form.

• Reply 6 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcollin3k View Post

"The Weekend" episode of HOMELAND came out in November of 2011.

It probably didn't hit iTunes until September though when Showtime released it to retailers

• Reply 7 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Paper.

• Reply 8 of 9
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

I must be getting old, the only thing I have from that entire list is Breaking Bad.

'scuse me while I go shopping for a walking stick.

• Reply 9 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Ah, the drama… the intrigue… the upset…

It's the Academy Awards in digital form.

:lol: It even looks as though Apple is just going by the ratings customers have given. Some of the selections have surprisingly high amounts of ratings. Obviously they can't include films that aren't in the iTunes Store so it's likely the highest rated available content from each category. The people have spoken/clicked/tapped.
    hill60 wrote:
    I must be getting old, the only thing I have from that entire list is Breaking Bad.

'scuse me while I go shopping for a walking stick.

You still 'go shopping'? That is old-school.