Amazon Instant Video comes to iPhone & iPod touch

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Amazon on Thursday launched its Instant Video streaming application for the iPhone and iPod touch, expanding support in the previously iPad-only application.

Instant

Amazon Instant Video version 1.4 is a free download now available in the App Store. It offers 140,000 videos for free to Amazon Prime subscribers.

The application was originally iPad-only when it launched this August. The service competes with Netflix's subscription-based Instant Watch service.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Come to the Apple TV. Please, oh please. You're in the iPad, and now iPhone/iPod Touch. Just one... More.... Step..... Come on Apple. Let them in!

(And then HBO Go and Showtime)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Just use airplay from your iPad to your Apple TV.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Free to subscribers? Yeah, and all my cable channels are free too - once I pay my cable bill.
  • Reply 4 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stourque View Post

Free to subscribers? Yeah, and all my cable channels are free too - once I pay my cable bill.

Free to Amazon Prime Subscribers. There's a difference....and in case you've never tried Amazon Prime, it's quite the awesome shipping service and the free streaming video access is just a bonus perk.

• Reply 5 of 8
    Isn't Amazon Prime a charge that covers all your shipping costs from Amazon for the year?
  • Reply 6 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stourque View Post

Isn't Amazon Prime a charge that covers all your shipping costs from Amazon for the year?

It's $79 a year and it takes away the $25 minimum for free shipping, upgrades all your free shipping to two-day as well as allows overnight shipping for only $3.99 on anything.  And of course, the instant video service. I find it very worth it!

• Reply 7 of 8
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Man Stourque... You're just hating and you don't even know what you're talking about. At least educated yourself before you hate.
    stourque wrote: »
    Just use airplay from your iPad to your Apple TV.
    Can't. AirPlay doesn't work for HBO Go, Showtime, Or Amazon instant video. It'll stream sound but not video.
    stourque wrote: »
    Brilliant commentary. Amazon instant video has basically every show and movie Netflix has- plus more. And it's $79 a year. Netflix is $96 a year ($7.99/month).
    Plus you get free 2 day shipping on all your orders. Just got a my little pony train set for $12 for my 3 yr old for Christmas. Ill get it Monday- it's $30 at Walmart. People who do Netflix and not amazon prime are crazy. Unless you have an Apple TV.... Which doesn't stream it. (For the record- I do amazon prime for the shipping alone. The video on my iPad is just a bonus).

To my original point. Come on Apple- put it on my Apple TVs!
  • Reply 8 of 8

yeah,i think so,You're just hating and you don't even know what you're talking about. At least educated yourself before you hate.