iphone sales

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014

Yesterday i saw a diagramm about the iphone sales from 07 - 12 and it got me wondered.

the sales are still insanly high but they are declining...

http://www.statista.com/statistics/12743/worldwide-apple-iphone-sales-since-3rd-quarter-2007/

of course google and their armada of android phones are doing their fair share.

but could it also be possible that ios is evolving too slowly and people getting bored with it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    "applephil wrote:
    the sales are still insanly high but they are declining...

but could it also be possible that ios is evolving too slowly and people getting bored with it?

You would generally compare respective quarters to the previous year as there are seasonal buying trends and people hold off buying if a new model is coming. Q4 2012 ended in September just a couple of week after the iPhone 5 launch so you won't see the impact of it until Q1 2013 in January.

I reckon they will announce over 50 million iPhones sold in Q1 2013. Even if people were bored with iOS, it's not like anyone else is doing anything ground-breaking.
  • Reply 2 of 4

Originally Posted by applephil View Post

…the sales are still insanely high but they are declining...

In what possible way could you say that sales are declining after looking at that chart?

No.

• Reply 3 of 4

hmm my bad. i thought q4 included december...

@tallest skil. from q2 12 to q3 12 the sales went down or am i missunderstanding something wrong?

• Reply 4 of 4

Originally Posted by applephil View Post

@tallest skil. from q2 12 to q3 12 the sales went down or am i missunderstanding something wrong?

Yes! But you can't look at it like that. Take a gander even further back. You see hills and valleys across the quarters of a year. This isn't new, and it's not indicative of anything. Look at the bars YoY and you'll see that it just keeps skyrocketing.