OH MY GOD!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This is the worst problem I have ever had woth any computer. My doc is filled with over 850 MP3's!!! I can barely move the curser enough to remove them...one at a time!!!

Is there any way to remove everything from the dock at once? If there is only a manual way to do it then I am screwed!!!

PLEASE HELP... OH MY GOD.

If only you could see my desktop. dear lord.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    HELP ME!!! ::::::::::ALMOST CRYING:::::::::::::
  • Reply 2 of 30
    I have no strenth left in my right hand for removing files from the dock! I can barely load this page...please help help help...I need to impress some PC users today on top of all this!!!

ahhno $h!+
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Isnt there anything I can do to save myself 2 hours of manual removal?

It'd be funny if Steve Jobs made this mistake on stage at MW...he would throw the entire computer!!!
  • Reply 4 of 30
    lol

Sorry, dude, but that's just too funny. I doubt it'll take that long to do if you do it really fast.

Or just edit the .plist file somehow or something. Or throw away the Dock prefs and put all your old stuff back in.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    How do I throw away my dock prefs? Please help, and yes, I guess this sounds hillarious.

Be more specific on how I can trash those dock prefs.
  • Reply 6 of 30
    WTF? help please.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>WTF? help please.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, dude, but right now I'm installing OS X on a PowerBook G3 - my iBook is going into Apple to be repaired (this time the right way), but once it's installed I'll check it out and let you know

Sorry that some of the people here are such a$$ holes.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Anyone?
  • Reply 9 of 30

<strong>Anyone?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okies - just got OS X installed a while ago - I checked things out and it looks like the Dock preferences are in ~/Library/Preferences - mine are called com.apple.dock.plist.

Hope this helps!!
  • Reply 10 of 30
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    So, let me guess. You got banned and received a warning from the mods and admins here that you had better start making more substantive posts. So you came up with this ridiculous nonsense, and then post to it every 3 minutes. "I don't really just want attention, I have a problem with my dock!"
  • Reply 11 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>So, let me guess. You got banned and received a warning from the mods and admins here that you had better start making more substantive posts. So you came up with this ridiculous nonsense, and then post to it every 3 minutes. "I don't really just want attention, I have a problem with my dock!"</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dude - stop being such an a$$!! There is no need for this kind of immaturity here at these forums.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    I actually had a problem but I have since wasted my life moving countless files out of the dock. Why must people be so mean.
  • Reply 13 of 30

<strong>I actually had a problem but I have since wasted my life moving countless files out of the dock. Why must people be so mean.</strong><hr></blockquote>

*shrug* - there is no explanation - maybe they have low self esteem, or are jealous of what you have??

By the way - I did give you something to try...

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: FreshApple ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 30
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    this probably wouldnt have worked for the long term, but you could have made a new user and used that until you found a quick fix.... this way you wouldnt have the dock so full, you also could have hidden the dock so it wouldnt go so slow... hth

-Paul
  • Reply 15 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>this probably wouldnt have worked for the long term, but you could have made a new user and used that until you found a quick fix.... this way you wouldnt have the dock so full, you also could have hidden the dock so it wouldnt go so slow... hth

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

Whoa - I didn't know there were sane and mature members here at AI!!
  • Reply 16 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by FreshApple:

<strong>

Whoa - I didn't know there were sane and mature members here at AI!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

...something about giant monkey testicles...
  • Reply 17 of 30
  • Reply 18 of 30
    Eek. I would try DockFun... I believe you can get it from Version Tracker. Then do this. Make a new Dock with a name close to the default dock, switch to that one, delete the old one, and then change the new one you made to the name of the old one. Of course you will need to then setup your dock prefs again, but it should work. Hope this helps.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by FreshApple:

<strong>Dude - stop being such an a$$!! There is no need for this kind of immaturity here at these forums.</strong><hr></blockquote>Call it tough love.

Macintosh has lied over and over, and always in pathetic attempts at getting attention. And it never stops. Over and over he's lied about having inside information; he's even lied about being black.

You people who defend him are doing him more harm than good.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>Call it tough love.

Macintosh has lied over and over, and always in pathetic attempts at getting attention. And it never stops. Over and over he's lied about having inside information; he's even lied about being black.

You people who defend him are doing him more harm than good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I feel bad for you...and when did I lie about being black?