AppleInsider's free iPhone app now available for download from the App Store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 78
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Any chance of a paid for version so that I can get rid of the annoying ads?

I will echo this sentiment.  I don't imagine I will be using the app at all, but an app that has ads is not really an app at all.  The decent thing is to make a paid app or a truly free one.  (either/or)

• Reply 22 of 78
    ireland wrote: »
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change the pull-to-refresh to the standard iOS 6 Apple one, as seen in the Tumblr app, Deliveries and Mail. It's a far, far nicer pull-to-refresh UX:

IIRC that is patented, by Apple, and not part of the SDK. So this company would have to license it and possibly don't have the funds etc
  • Reply 23 of 78

I think the forum should have equal billing in the app, but that's me. Two tabs up top, one for the articles, one for the forums.

• Reply 24 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I think you bolded the wrong part, yeah? 

No, I just didn't alter the bolding when I cut n pasted.

• Reply 25 of 78
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

IIRC that is patented, by Apple, and not part of the SDK. So this company would have to license it and possibly don't have the funds etc

Personally, I find it kind of unattractive also.  I much prefer the original UI from Loren Brichter.  

I do like how a lot of apps are using the same "pull to refresh" concept but making the UI different and interesting though.  Like how with twitter you get an animation of a little bird etc. 

This could be iOS's answer to this:

• Reply 26 of 78

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Huge wave of nostalgia.

• Reply 27 of 78

Nice app and good overall web redesign earlier this year. Now, please come up with both iPad and Android Jelly Bean versions. Thanks

• Reply 28 of 78
    saarek wrote: »

That's like asking Google the same question. No. It exists to serve ads.
  • Reply 29 of 78
    charlituna wrote: »

Twitter's is free.

gazoobee wrote: »
    Personally, I find it kind of unattractive also.  I much prefer the original UI from Loren Brichter.  

I do like how a lot of apps are using the same "pull to refresh" concept but making the UI different and interesting though.  Like how with twitter you get an animation of a little bird etc.

I prefer the original, too. Apple's is release to refresh, not pull to refresh. I know it's a nitpicky point but to me that it a huge difference in the way it feels.
  • Reply 30 of 78
    Huge wave of nostalgia.

Nausea and nostalgia for me. I'm quite happy to leave the old web in the past.
  • Reply 31 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekkies View Post

Nice app and good overall web redesign earlier this year. Now, please come up with both iPad and Android Jelly Bean versions. Thanks

Your kidding right?

• Reply 32 of 78
    I'm sure the app is great, but I prefer to get to you via Safari. That way I can go from one site to another more easily. I'm not into all the news apps. I have too many already.
  • Reply 33 of 78
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    <li><strong>Major lawsuit updates</strong>, including significant developments in Apple's ongoing litigation with rivals like Samsung and Motorola.</ul>

Samsung and Google
  • Reply 34 of 78
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    saarek wrote: »

Ditto for me. I'd gladly pay a buck or two to get rid of the ads.
  • Reply 35 of 78
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Very cool, it's nice to have only notifications about Apple directly pushed.
  • Reply 36 of 78
    Three requests:

1) Please, a universal version! Soonest.

2) Give us the option to exclude push notifications about the on-going legal wranglings. I'm so sick of them I could scream!

3) Paid, ad free version.
  • Reply 37 of 78

Hi

I just joined AI and I'm surprised that no one saw the irony in this, from the end of the OP.

With that said ? and keeping in mind today's iPhone app release sets a foundation for many advancements to come ? we welcome your feedback at appleinsider.for.iphone@gmail.com

• Reply 38 of 78
    App is nice. Just wish it would actually do push notification; I installed it last week and haven't received any since. Still, good job AI, much appreciate it!
  • Reply 39 of 78
    Ok, nice, but waiting for the iPad version.

J.
  • Reply 40 of 78

Very nice!  I have to agree with others, an iPad app & ad free version would be excellent!