Apple wins patent for first iPhone, designed by Jobs & Ive

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by larry91403 View Post

And let the flamewars begin about why the so called 'isheep' should have book palm treos or blackberries at the time….

My neighbor got an iPhone 4s a yr ago.

When upgrading from a Treo, was given a suggested RIM BB.

Hated the BB right from the start, no touch screen as the Treo had, and small screen.

Took the BB  back a few days later, got the iPhone4s and loves it dearly!

• Reply 42 of 47
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 43 of 47
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

Quote:

individualPhone? Hardly.

• Reply 44 of 47
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Figured it might be you TS. I doubt many here had any idea. 

I'm sorry, but ten seconds left and to his right was his wing man, who had a clear shot but passed.

We're not all negative, Ghostrider, and the pattern isn't always full.

• Reply 45 of 47

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I'm sorry, but ten seconds left and to his right was his wing man, who had a clear shot but passed.

We're not all negative, Ghostrider, and the pattern isn't always full.

Yeah, but I'm the one who buzzed the tower, so whatchagonnado. image

• Reply 46 of 47
    I have come to understand that Apple iOS devices are like great entrees prepared by a renowned chef. The ingredients that the chef uses are ones available to many, but it is how they are combined and presented that makes all the difference.

To me this ultimately means that most of the iPhone patents that have been in the spotlight are not genius inventions worthy of patent protection, BUT it sure seems like Apple deserves SOME sort of protection for their genius in preparing the entrees in ways others had not done before, and presumably had not envisioned.
  • Reply 47 of 47

Originally Posted by stynkfysh View Post

I have come to understand that Apple iOS devices are like great entrees prepared by a renowned chef. The ingredients that the chef uses are ones available to many, but it is how they are combined and presented that makes all the difference.

From the back cover of "oPtion$", the Fake Steve Jobs book:

Sometimes I feel like a great chef who has devoted his entire life to monastic study of the art of cooking. I've gathered the finest ingredients, built the most advanced kitchen and prepared the most exquisite meal. So perfect, so delicious, so extraordinary. More astounding than any meal ever created. Yet each day I stand in my window and watch 97% of the world walk past my restaurant into the McDonald's across the street.